PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

question to the non US Patriot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
italianpatthepatriot said:
have you been able to see 'alive' the Patriots @ Schaefer-Sullivan-Foxboro Stadium or @ 'The Razor' ?

if yes: impressions ? wich games and in wich year have you seen ?

if not: have you planns to go in the next future ?

No. No.

(blah, blah, 10 characters)

I'd love to go see a game one of these days. I became a fan when I moved to Boston in the fall of 1989 for college. Too bad i never had a chance to see them while I was there but I did watch them on TV. Come to think of it, I wonder if some of those games were ever blacked out during those bleak years because they wanted to encourage fans to go to Foxboro. I'm not really sure now.

When I do get back to Boston, and I'm almost sure I will because I love the city and its outskirts, I will plan on buying some tickets to see them live.

I have been to two games, the first was Dec, 2003-Pats 31-Bills 0

The second game was last December when Flutie made the drop-kick. That was really cool to see live and in person.

I was also in Houston and Jacksonville for Super Bowls 38 & 39, but did not get tickets, still had a great time though.

CopenhagenPatsfan said:
I was also in Houston and Jacksonville for Super Bowls 38 & 39, but did not get tickets, still had a great time though.

i can imagine...
there were some other fans from Europe ?

italianpatthepatriot said:
i can imagine...
there were some other fans from Europe ?

I did not meet any other fans from Europe but I am sure there were some there.

I had a sign around my neck saying that I flew in from Denmark and needed tickets, got interviewed by 10 different television crews, but still no tickets.

I visited the Sullivan stadium for a game in November 1989 when Steve Grogan led the Patriots to a very unlikely victory (I still have a photo somewhere with the score as well as a signed polaroid of myself with Garin Veris shot on the train out from Boston to Foxborough).

I have heard good news today regarding NFL coverage on Sky in the UK this season: that the channel is closer than ever to putting out an NFL package that includes an interactive "choose your own game" option that would hopefully mean most Patriots games (those in the 1pm/4pm Sunday afternoon slots at least) would be available.

ironwasp said:
I have heard good news today regarding NFL coverage on Sky in the UK this season: that the channel is closer than ever to putting out an NFL package that includes an interactive "choose your own game" option that would hopefully mean most Patriots games (those in the 1pm/4pm Sunday afternoon slots at least) would be available.

i would love the same from Sky in Italy

CopenhagenPatsfan said:
The games are currently on "free" tv here in Denmark, but I have heard that next year they are going to moved to the pay channel ViaSat Sports
I just checked the ViaSat Sports website yesterday and there was no news of that on any of their 3 sports channels. Hopefully not (going to be moved from the free network )as that will cost money (either satellite or premium cable package) and limit the number of Dans with access. Just when it is growing by leaps and bounds in Denmark... not what is needed when you are building a fan base - still two early. Ideally, you want to get one generation hooked and the second generation well on the way before you 'pull the supply' to force the junkie to pay to get his fix.

I still remember driving up to New Hampshire with my dad when I was in my single digits (age) and listening on the car radio to Sam Bam Cunningham and Plunkett and Randy Vataha. I'm sure many of us got hooked that way from the communial family experience by sharing the highs and lows together with our parents / siblings. then my brothers and I would go outside at halftime and 'huck' the pigskin around and realize it wasn't so easy afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back