question to the non US Patriot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
have you been able to see 'alive' the Patriots @ Schaefer-Sullivan-Foxboro Stadium or @ 'The Razor' ?

if yes: impressions ? wich games and in wich year have you seen ?

if not: have you planns to go in the next future ?

italianpatthepatriot said:
have you been able to see 'alive' the Patriots @ Schaefer-Sullivan-Foxboro Stadium or @ 'The Razor' ? No

if not: have you planns to go in the next future ? Yes (see sig.)

ten characters

Mike the Brit said:
ten characters

compliments Mike The Brit !
so you will follows, too, the complete Nfl season in the 'right place'...

personally i have been able to be in the Us last year and i have been able to see 2 Patriots games and 1 Bruins game

beautiful, amazing, difficult to forget experience

but...there is a big and huge problem: when you go there once...you want to return soon...

have you been able to see 'alive' the Patriots @ Schaefer-Sullivan-Foxboro Stadium or @ 'The Razor' ?

Unfortunately, not. Have not lived in MASS. since 1973 (though my brother lives there).

There is a small (20%) chance we (wife & 2 rugrats) will take a quick trip over 2nd week in September as my cheap airline ticket privaledges expire soon. (I used to work for the airline SAS). I had not even considered being lucky enough to get a ticket - probably could scalp one. Thanks for the idea though I will have to keep it in mind in case we do end up going.

We are lucky in Denmark that a 'regular' TV channel shows both Sunday NFL games live. Plus at a local bar - they have SkySports from Britain which also shows the games. So I am usually able to catch 3-5 Patriots games on the tube each year.

SunnyDenmark said:
Unfortunately, not. Have not lived in MASS. since 1973 (though my brother lives there).

There is a small (20%) chance we (wife & 2 rugrats) will take a quick trip over 2nd week in September as my cheap airline ticket privaledges expire soon. (I used to work for the airline SAS). I had not even considered being lucky enough to get a ticket - probably could scalp one. Thanks for the idea though I will have to keep it in mind in case we do end up going.

We are lucky in Denmark that a 'regular' TV channel shows both Sunday NFL games live. Plus at a local bar - they have SkySports from Britain which also shows the games. So I am usually able to catch 3-5 Patriots games on the tube each year.

1 - i fly a lot with Sas as i go very often to the 'Nordics' since many years (i'm too a 'member' - actually i have the silver Sas card too); i like the Scandinavian countries + Finland

2 - how it is the exact coverage in DK ? In IT we see the NFL only via Sky (Pay tv) with only two games-week (usually SNF and MNF)...not more infortunately but better the nothing...then we get every week 'Nfl game day' and starting wild cards all is finally ALIVE...
so not bad but is should be better...i really miss one h 19 game (in Us h 13) and one h 22.15 game (in Us h 16 15) 'alive' in the regular season

3 - good for you that you have someone anyway in Us, yr brother, so you have some reasons to go there and not only to see a game

Last edited:

A lot of the guys on www.ukpatriots.com have been. You could always post the question on there. I haven't been myself, yet. I would like to.

2 - how it is the exact coverage in DK ? In IT we see the NFL only via Sky (Pay tv) with only two games-week (usually SNF and MNF)...not more infortunately but better the nothing...then we get every week 'Nfl game day' and starting wild cards all is finally ALIVE...
so not bad but is should be better...i really miss one h 19 game (in Us h 13) and one h 22.15 game (in Us h 16 15) 'alive' in the regular season
In Denmark a TV station (TV2) started showing every year the Super Bowl live I think just before I got here 8 years ago. Then in 1999, Atlanta Falcons went to the Super Bowl (and lost) but their FG kicker was a Dane by the name of Morton Andersen (2nd all time leading scorer).

Interest naturally increased and I think it was a year later - a sister TV station started up called TV2Zulu which started showing the Sunday 16.00 game (shown here naturally at 22.00 our time which is normally 'filler' TV time anyway as people are going off to bed). The games were a hit and ratings soared amoung the young male population and also they showed most / all of the playoffs. (but no Monday night games). Then 2 years ago they started showing both Sunday games. The announcers are both Danes and one has lived alittle in the US I believe. The announcers make the games fun as it is not a 'big' network station so they don't have to worry about offending anyone - they make jokes and get very excited for ANY touchdown and have a good time. They are not afraid to say what is on their mind. Then at the pub they have Sky sports from Britain on the satelitte dish so sometimes (not always) they show different teams than what the local cable TV2Zulu shows.

Also there are some clubs that play 'American' football here so that helps. Probably only say 200 people in all but then probably their friends watch it on tv to see how it really is played. Thats about it in Denmark. Congrads on your football team - Italy. I was routing for them the final few games. Although I think Totti fakes to many fouls to draw a yellow card.

Cheers from Denmark.

Quick question about that. Are the live games on a "free to air" channel?

The NFL screwed up big time in the UK by selling the rights to Sunday games to Sky (Rupert Murdoch's satellite organization). So the NFL doesn't pick up a casual audience since Sky is expensive and has sports that are more interesting to most UK sports-lovers (soccer, domestic and international) on at that time. The NFL is banished to "Sky Sports Extra".

Big marketing mistake!

gomezcat said:
A lot of the guys on www.ukpatriots.com have been. You could always post the question on there. I haven't been myself, yet. I would like to.

are you also posting there gattogomez (gomezcat in 'italian') ?
i'm registered only here but perhaps...

ps = in UK it seems there is a lot of love too for the 'throwback uniforms' (i saw the thread and many fans there love Pat Patriot too + red old colours)

Last edited:
SunnyDenmark said:
Congrads on your football team - Italy. I was routing for them the final few games. Although I think Totti fakes to many fouls to draw a yellow card.

Cheers from Denmark.

grazie.

e...ciao !

ps = if i remember correctly you are not the only danish posting here.
there should be also a girl from Denmark too that sometimes writes.
patsgirl dk should be his nickname if i'm right. and if am again right there is also another one called copenhagenpatsfan.

Last edited:
Nfl in Gb

Mike the Brit said:

The NFL screwed up big time in the UK by selling the rights to Sunday games to Sky (Rupert Murdoch's satellite organization). So the NFL doesn't pick up a casual audience since Sky is expensive and has sports that are more interesting to most UK sports-lovers (soccer, domestic and international) on at that time. The NFL is banished to "Sky Sports Extra".

Big marketing mistake!

Mike/Gomezcat: how is it covered the NFL in UK ?
i think you see many games alive if i'm not wrong.

4 games-week ?

gomezcat said:

They came over last year and they really loved the trip and everything that went along with it. They have even a bigger trip planned for this year. The USA guys help them get setup with tickets and hotels. Pretty cool group.

my memories my credit and my special thks goes also to DSF in Germany;
i was able to see (free of charge too) 1 game a week too plus the highiights of every game...

good memories from the recent past

Mike the Brit said:

Big marketing mistake!

The games are currently on "free" tv here in Denmark, but I have heard that next year they are going to moved to the pay channel ViaSat Sports

Beavis said:
They came over last year and they really loved the trip and everything that went along with it. They have even a bigger trip planned for this year. The USA guys help them get setup with tickets and hotels. Pretty cool group.

Yep. Kudos to them for the work put into the trips. Too many years living on the back of my credit card mean that I won't be joining them just yet. Still, I hope to do so in the future.

Mike the Brit said:

Big marketing mistake!
re: your 'free to air' channel in Denmark.
The aforementioned TV2-Zulu is on the basic cable package or possibly mid-level package - but everyone has cable so it is no big thing here to have cable TV. I have the premium and that gives (only) about 35 channels but two of them show free adult entainment movies after midnight 00.00
Yes, I am absolutely sure that by having NFL on a cable package that (guess) 60 % of the population have -that has increase the popularity enourmously.

grazie.

e...ciao !

ps = if i remember correctly you are not the only danish posting here.
there should be also a girl from Denmark too that sometimes writes.
patsgirl dk should be his nickname if i'm right. and if am again right there is also another one called copenhagenpatsfan.
Yes, they are my partners in crime at a pub her in central Copenhagen, when ever a Pats game is on Skysports we all show up and let 'em know who is boss. Oh sure, they have their Moss jerseys, their (frankenstein) Roethlisburger, T.O., McNabb, Lynch, etc.

But at this pub, CopenhagenPatsFan wears his (seldom washed) R. Harrison jearsy - alittle too infrequently washed if you ask me- and patsgirl dk has her Brady on ; so there is a certain 'atmosphere' of respect that accompanies our presence. Sure they want to debate you or to let you know any weaknesses - but NO one ever says they are crap or garbage. They know they would sound ridiculous. CopenhagenPatsFan and I watch the Three Games to Glory DVD's togheter and our kids play together. Good times had by one and all. But it would be fun to have more Pats fans around.

Patriots fans in Dk

SunnyDenmark said:
Yes, they are my partners in crime at a pub her in central Copenhagen, when ever a Pats game is on Skysports we all show up and let 'em know who is boss. Oh sure, they have their Moss jerseys, their (frankenstein) Roethlisburger, T.O., McNabb, Lynch, etc.

But at this pub, CopenhagenPatsFan wears his (seldom washed) R. Harrison jearsy - alittle too infrequently washed if you ask me- and patsgirl dk has her Brady on ; so there is a certain 'atmosphere' of respect that accompanies our presence. Sure they want to debate you or to let you know any weaknesses - but NO one ever says they are crap or garbage. They know they would sound ridiculous. CopenhagenPatsFan and I watch the Three Games to Glory DVD's togheter and our kids play together. Good times had by one and all. But it would be fun to have more Pats fans around.

if i will arrive once in DK (Cph) on Sunday and if Nfl is playing i will join you...so we will be in 4...and i will dress also with Patriots colours (i have many things...)

Hi,I live in Halifax,N.S. (a small island off of the coast of Maine according to a US travel guide about 15 yrs ago)and though I am within about 12-13 hrs drive from Foxborough I am embarrassed to admit I 've never been to a game.I have four kids,two are small,dont get a lot of free time.Its on the radar for the next year or so,though.Started watching the Pats during the Mack Herron days,when the Cfl season was over the local networks would broadcast Nfl games,we got the Boston feed,usually saw the Pats,been a fan ever since.(BTW we get all the games now,in fact,without having "Sunday ticket" I usually only miss one or two games a year on Tv.Live and breathe Patriots football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back