Welcome to PatsFans.com

Question re., speech by Reggie White's son at HOF

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Tunescribe, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 7 / -19

#61 Jersey

At the NFL Hall of Fame induction ceremonies yesterday, Reggie White's son and wife spoke on his behalf. Of course, we all know Reggie was big on religion, and that he had made some shift in emphasis the last few years of his life reading Hebrew texts, etc. When Reggie's son spoke before introducing his mother, he opened by praising God but specified, "I want to make sure we recognize the REAL God, the God of Abraham, Isaac ... " etc., etc. OK, this question goes out to Christians and Jews here who know biblical history and hopefully a little about Reggie White: Why did Reggie's son feel it important to make this distinction re., "real" God? Did White switch to Judaism before he died? The reason I'm wondering is there was no mention of Christ in either speech by his son or wife, yet Reggie for years was known as a born-again Christian evangelist.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2005
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

No mention of Jesus because "Jesus is Out" it isn't very "hip" now with the young Bush Hating liberals and White's son probably wants to stay on the good side of them, if he had mentioned Jesus he would probably recieved a lot of sh!t from the "Hollywood Type Bat Sh!ts"

Judaism & Allah are OK because the Looney Liberals don't dare say anything about those religions, if they Bad Mouth Judaism they will lose their jobs, if they Bad Mouth Allah they will lose their Heads, so they go after poor Jesus H Christ Almighty.

The whore Maddona is doing it as we speak, she is in Italy "Trashing Jesus" the same phony bastards that want Mel Gibson disemboweld over his remarks think Maddona is Joan Of Ark.
    :bricks:

3. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 7 / -19

#61 Jersey

Harry, you are a moron. I ask a legitimate question and you turn it into a farce with your over-the-top reactionary nonsense.

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

Wasn't meant to be a farce, if you go around today talking nice about Jesus or dare to tell anyone publicly that your "love Jesus" then you are in big trouble with the Left Wing Liberal Media, they just "don't like Jesus"
    good God man, it's all around you, if you still can't see it wait till the Nativity Scenes hit the Lawns at Xmas Time.

White's son is probably smart enough to realize this.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  5. Mainefan

Mainefan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What puzzles me, Harry, is how you managed to type with your brain in that condition.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

You should see some of the other things I can do :bricks:

7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,146 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Most Christians believe in God as the Father, Son & Holy Spirit.

The Jewish view Jesus as a prophet but not savior. But some Jews
    view Jesus as the Son of God...credit for that but not for salvation.
    They believe that all that happened but they strictly believe the
    job will not be finished until he returns again.

Evangelicals believe strictly in Jesus as the son of God...seperate entities.
    They also believe that to speak to God one has to speak thru Jesus.

Many older Catholics still pray to Jesus by praying to Mary...believing that Jesus is the blue collar arm of God.

So....
    The DaVinci code really messed this up for alot of people.
    Complicating who and what Jesus really was.
    I think this is why they said what they said.

There are many who have Jesus as God thru older school teachings.
    We were taught that as kids in Catholic school...that they were 3
    entities in one.

Big problem here is that Jesus had a life form and God does not. So some believe that Jesus was God...but the strict interpretation of the old works say that is not possible because Jesus spoke to God "His Father" from the cross.

Hope that helps...it's really more complicated than asking the question. If Colorado PatsFan was here I'm sure he could really give that one a btter go than me.

8. Mainefan

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I have never met a Jew who believes Jesus was the son of God, except for those Jews who have converted to Christianity. Jesus has no official standing that I know of in any of the three main divisions of Judaism: Orthodox, Conservative or Reform. What the Hasids believe, I don't know. However, it is quite accurate to say that many, if not most Jews find most of Jesus's philosophy admirable and worthy of respect and emulation.

As for what the Christians believe, I recommend to everyone a book called "A History of God," by Karen Armstrong. Especially interesting is her take on the Council of Nicea, which took place in about 320 a.d., and which determined the shape of Catholicism, if not Christianity, up to the present day.

It was the Council of Nicea which decided what ancient texts should be considered the word of God and included in the Bible and which settled the question, or tried to, about the identity of Jesus--son of God, God Himself, or Prophet. Until then, all kinds of competing ideas existed and the church had no unified set of beliefs.

Maybe it still doesn't.

9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

Remember the Art Museum in NYC that displayed the Bottle of Urine with Jesus floating around in it, The liberal media LOVED it.

I'm not crazy, Al Gore is crazy.
    :bricks:

10. Mainefan

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There was no such exhibit, Harry. Now, get on Google and try to find out what you thought you were talking about. Hint: there was a controversial art exhibit involving religion.

11. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

Pi$s Christ -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

Trying doing this to Mohammad/

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

The Virgin Mary And Elephant Sh!t.

These are Jews sticking up for Jesus Christ
    We say "up to a point" when we talk about free speech in the context of work-place discrimination and religious bigotry. By submerging the Christian messiah in urine, when splattering the Virgin Mary with animal feces, have we not reached that point? For the avant-garde among us, we ask a simple question: How would Jews feel if the Brooklyn Museum hosted an exhibit with the Star of David submerged in urine, or with the Western Wall covered in pig dung, or with the Torah splattered with blood?

With a near-unanimous voice we would call it what it is: religious bigotry and we'd be right. We should be no less intolerant when it comes to our Christian brothers and sisters.

The link is below, Jesus isn't very popular among liberals because their enemy's the Neo Cons are kind of Fond of Jesus.

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (if the neo libs don't kill him)

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0999/virgin.dung.html

14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Although Im a devout athiest, I totally agree with your post.

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

I have two Athiest's in my family, both "devout" they are two of the most sensible and well adjusted people I have ever known.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2005
  16. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

Just to answer the original question, the God of Abraham and Isaac is the the same God that Christians pray too. SO no he has not converted to Judaism, Christians and Jews both believe in the stories from Genisis forward, they have a small disagreement about wether or not Jesus was the son of God (tongue in cheek). SO I believe that if anything it was a show of support for Israel and a shot at Allah.

17. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 7 / -19

#61 Jersey

Thank you, FTW, that makes sense. The thing that confused me was specific praising of God but no mention of Jesus by either White family member, considering Reggie's well-known Christian evangelism. (And no, Harry, I don't buy your knee-jerk explanation of this.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2005
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +719 / 2 / -9

So be it, but think about it, it isn't very popular today to admit you even like Jesus let alone "love him" at least not in the world of Liberal Bush Hate-ism.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2005
  19. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was raised as an Irish catholic, went to church and attended sunday school..I do not bash true believers...

I am athiest now....This planet has plenty of mystery,let alone the cosmos...
    I believe their is a higher power, what that is I am unable to explain,,
    I am after all just a human in 2006..

20. Mainefan

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Mindreading again, Harry Boy? Didn't your mother tell you not to do nasty stuff like that?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2005