PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question Re: Gillette Parking Lots

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks, am making the trek 450 miles up 95 this weekend for the game and have a question:

I heard that there is construction for the Patriot Place thing going on across Rte 1 from the Stadium and that, possibly, it has closed down some of the lots and made parking more problematic.

Any good strategies you folks recommend for alternates close enough to the Stadium and good for tailgating?

Thanks

Shmess

If you get there early the p8 lot is the best place to park, I tried a new lot last week, and the p10 lot is all rocks, plus a longer time to get out of the lot.. some of p8 is under dirt, which sucks, but the far right one is open... I cant understand it.. it took them 30 plus yrs to get a first class stadium with ample parking, now they ruin it with a new project...

I forgot to add the p8 is good from coming for the south, but if your coming from the north, there is the p1 and p2 lots .. never came from the north though.,.

There is still plenty of parking. They closed down P9, which is close to the stadium and on the same side. But they expanded the parking lot, P10 that Sean mentioned, directly across the street from the stadium

I'm partial to Lot11. You can crack a beer, walk over the over pass and finish it before you get to the gate. You can get out fairly quick if you get to the lot early enough but you can only go rte 1 south. I'm not really big on tailgating on tar

We come from the north, and always park in P2. Im pretty sure P1 is reserved for club seats.

I still prefer P-8, but it fills up very early now. Hated P-10 (parked there for the first time two weeks ago). Topped off a bad game by finding my grill stolen when I got back to the car, then found myself trapped by traffic for another 1.5hrs. Lots of cars funnel into few lanes getting out.

Personally, I prefer tar and sure footing rather than dust/dirt under my feet or in my food.

a key factor shmess is whether yer coming from north or south

Bargod said:
I'm partial to Lot11. You can crack a beer, walk over the over pass and finish it before you get to the gate. You can get out fairly quick if you get to the lot early enough but you can only go rte 1 south. I'm not really big on tailgating on tar

Nice! Now here's a guy that has his priorities in line!

shmessy said:
Hey folks, am making the trek 450 miles up 95 this weekend for the game and have a question:

I heard that there is construction for the Patriot Place thing going on across Rte 1 from the Stadium and that, possibly, it has closed down some of the lots and made parking more problematic.

Any good strategies you folks recommend for alternates close enough to the Stadium and good for tailgating?

Thanks

Shmess

Enjoy the game young man.

But I know PATSNUTme likes the Parking Lot on this site.

PatsWorldChamps said:
a key factor shmess is whether yer coming from north or south

Oops, good point!

Some friends of mine are picking me up in Ashland and I think we're taking 495 over to Route 1?

I've been living in Maryland the past 19 years so I'm not sharp on my Mass. geopgraphy.

shmessy said:
Oops, good point!

Some friends of mine are picking me up in Ashland and I think we're taking 495 over to Route 1?

I've been living in Maryland the past 19 years so I'm not sharp on my Mass. geopgraphy.

Then you'll be coming from the south side.

If you can't be there at least 3hrs before kickoff, forget P-8. It's likely to be filled. I'd park up to a mile short of the stadium, on the left side (near the End Zone Motel, or one of the other lots.

Shmessy - are you planning on tailgating after the game. If you are park close to the stadium. We usually cook, eat and imbibe for about 1.5 to 2 hours after the game and have no wait getting out.

If you plan on leaving right after the game, park further away.

Shmessy - are you planning on tailgating after the game. If you are park close to the stadium. We usually cook, eat and imbibe for about 1.5 to 2 hours after the game and have no wait getting out.

If you plan on leaving right after the game, park further away.

tailgater said:
Then you'll be coming from the south side.

If you can't be there at least 3hrs before kickoff, forget P-8. It's likely to be filled. I'd park up to a mile short of the stadium, on the left side (near the End Zone Motel, or one of the other lots.

P10 right across from the stadium doesn't usually fill up until its time to go into the stadiium.

Willie55 said:
P10 right across from the stadium doesn't usually fill up until its time to go into the stadiium.

I agree with you on that. It's a huge lot that takes a long time to fill....and a long time to empty.

If you plan on tailgating for 2hrs after the game, it's fine...as long as some d!ckweed doesn't steal your grill! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back