PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question on Brady and the Quarterback Sneak

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
After seeing Brady once again move the chains on the sneak in the game yesterday, I was wondering if anyone can ever remember Brady failing to get the yardage needed for a first down on the sneak?

I can't remember one time In his career that Brady failed to get that yard or so?

Did he ever miss before?

Last edited:
i wanna say yes, i do remember this happening....but no i dont remember any details

After seeing Brady once again move the chains on the sneak in the game yesterday, I was wondering if anyone can ever remember Brady failing to get the yardage needed for a first down on the sneak?

I can't remember one time In his career that Brady failed to get that yard or so?

Did he ever miss before?

I recall in that Baltimore game in 2007 that Brady attempted a sneak in the 4th that failed, but was saved by a timeout by Rex Ryan.

-Jamman

Did he ever miss before?

Well es far as I understand it, they only audible to sneak, when defense leaves a hole in the interior line, so its pretty much only executed when its got 90% + chance of success. That said, I have a feeling, I saw one or two fail in the last few years.

EDIT: Found the following line with help from the PFR Superbowl play Finder

3-1-CAR 38 (9:27) T.Brady up the middle to CAR 38 for no gain (S.Burton, M.Rucker).

Last edited:
Well es far as I understand it, they only audible to sneak, when defense leaves a hole in the interior line, so its pretty much only executed when its got 90% + chance of success. That said, I have a feeling, I saw one or two fail in the last few years.

EDIT: Found the following line with help from the PFR Superbowl play Finder

3-1-CAR 38 (9:27) T.Brady up the middle to CAR 38 for no gain (S.Burton, M.Rucker).

when was this?

Hint: Superbowl Play Finder, Opponent Carolina Play 41.

PS: We got the yardage on the next play, by a conventional run.

I recall in that Baltimore game in 2007 that Brady attempted a sneak in the 4th that failed, but was saved by a timeout by Rex Ryan
Yep, that's the one I was thinking about. 4th down, Brady sneak is stuffed but the unbeaten season is saved (for now :bricks:) by a brain dead Ravens time out.

07 first bills game I believe he got stuffed at the goaline in the 1st quarter on 4th down.

Effective but not a fan of it. I hope Light is ok. He looked like he rolled on his ankle there. Same situation where Koppen got injured.

I recall in that Baltimore game in 2007 that Brady attempted a sneak in the 4th that failed, but was saved by a timeout by Rex Ryan.

-Jamman

Brady said, he gave up running cos he heard the whistle. LOL.

-Jamman

That was an awesome moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes