PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question: Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Hi all,

At this point, does anyone know the status of Gary Guyton? He has been MIA since the first week of TC (I believe) and I haven't heard anything more about him or the reason why he hasn't been on the practice field.

Hi all,

At this point, does anyone know the status of Gary Guyton? He has been MIA since the first week of TC (I believe) and I haven't heard anything more about him or the reason why he hasn't been on the practice field.

Teams aren't required to comment on player injuries during preseason. Guyton slipped and injured his left knee in a 11 on 11 drill. The injury isn't believed to be serious.

Bill indicated today that everyone other than Warren and Kaczur was day to day.

As for Guyton, here is what was written at the time of his injury:

Gary Guyton's Injury, Wes Welker's Return Highlight Sunday at Patriots Camp - New England Patriots - NESN.com

Patriots starting inside linebacker Gary Guyton left Sunday afternoon's practice after suffering a left knee injury.

Guyton was dropping back into coverage when he slipped in the middle of the field. He walked to the sideline and received attention from the trainers, who were stretching out his left knee. Teammates Jerod Mayoand Vince Wilfork walked over to check on the typically-jovial Guyton, who was smiling and laughing with them.

Head coach Bill Belichick also spent a couple of minutes with Guyton, who was lying down receiving attention from the trainers. After, Belichick walked over to speak with linebackers coach Matt Patricia.

Guyton got up and walked around several times in an apparent attempt to stretch out his knee before continuing to work with the trainers. About 15-20 minutes after going down, Guyton walked off the field with a trainer and did not return to practice.

The injury didn’t appear to be serious because Guyton didn’t seem to have too much trouble moving around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing