PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for those who paid attention so far this season (Brady related)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he thought you were subtracting here?

But your calculation wasn't subtraction (i.e. 69.4 - 63.3 = 8.8), it was percentage change of 69.4:

(69.4-63.3)/69.4 = .088

What were we talking about, anyway? :bricks:

I was talking the drop off on the accuracy of his 40+ yard passes last season.

Besides 2007 (and he had his share of misses) since when is Tom Brady a great deep ball passer? I understand that his TD record would make one beleive so - but look film from 2001 to now. He's good at it. Not great at it. Moss may make him look great at it.

This. With the additional comment that the deep throw is generally the hardest to make in the NFL.

Last edited:
Perhaps he thought you were subtracting here?

But your calculation wasn't subtraction (i.e. 69.4 - 63.3 = 8.8), it was percentage change of 69.4:

(69.4-63.3)/69.4 = .088

What were we talking about, anyway? :bricks:

Thaks for clarifying

That's pretty much your answer.

The last bomb he missed to Moss was around a 65 yard bomb- that's just about the upper end of his reach. You could see Moss slow up to try and catch it, but that allowed the double team to catch up with Moss and deny him the pass.

That pass to Moss was on target...But Moss was interfered with by the Falcon's secondary (no flag was thrown though, but it should have been)

Not sure what the OP is talking about.

And I went to the joint practice with ATL, and he hit Moss PERFECTLY on a 50 yd bomb. He's fine.

While we're on that pass--I guess I'm in the minority, but it looked to me like a play that developed a smidgen too slowly...thrown late, rather than short.

But overall, I'd say Brady has looked anything but jittery. He's staying in the pocket and planting solidly.

I'd agree with that assessment. I simply meant that the missed pass wasn't due to jitters or rushing the throw because of pressure around him.

I agree that there has been NOTHING to worry about, Brady-wise -- especially any "jitters" -- but he does throw a good deep ball, and HAS been the best at the deep ball, LITERALLY. I think it was 2003 or 2004, but the guy had the best completion %age in the NFL -- better than Peyton and McNair -- for passes that traveled 30+ yards in the air.

I think what people forget is that it's very hard to complete those passes. Brady does a creditable job on those with the best of them.

Brady's always been pretty accurate and made smart decisions, but he lacked arm strength, and has had to work hard to develop it.

I'm assuming you meant 2004, since he averaged under 7 yards per attempt in 2003. Though it's worth noting in both of those years, his overall completion percentage was less than 61%.

I really dont see this as a big issue, because its to hard to gauge a 40+ yard pass %. The truth is Brady is above most of the league. Above 50% is pretty good above 60% is excellent. Brees had 70% past 40+ yards, but that dosnt prove much when you consider most of his passes were in a dome with controlled weather conditions.
A Pass made at 40+ yards would be effected by wind/weather/the double bump of the receiver/turf the QB is standing on/ sunlight, etc...all of which Brady has to deal with
Where as Brees passes mostly in a weather less environment and turf is not an issue.
Its just too hard to figure out, and the stats dont account for allot of these.
Im not sure its wise to judge Brady in the preseason either, were the competitiveness is almost non-existant and the plays are pretty vanilla.

If there is one thing we can take from today's game is that Brady's deep ball is fine.

If there is one thing we can take from today's game is that Brady's deep ball is fine.

Nah, he totally underthrew that ball to Moss, it only worked because Randy was dogging it as usual. ;)

(More seriously, compare that play to the one that didn't work last week -- it developed SO much faster.)

i noticed this as well, it was just one play, but it was money, and looked great, right where it needed to be

i wont revisit the falcons deep ball, but the PI is not related to my question

i noticed this as well, it was just one play, but it was money, and looked great, right where it needed to be

i wont revisit the falcons deep ball, but the PI is not related to my question

Actually, he would have had two go for TD's but the Rams were committing some SERIOUS pass interference on the second one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back