PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for those registered at both KFFL and Patsfans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownfan80

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I signed up for with the KFFL forums on Tuesday to checkout the landscape over there, went to make my first past today and it gave me this error:

Brownfan80, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

What gives? How long do I have to wait before I'm active?

Also, I know the easy answer is simply not to post there, and just stay here. But the urge to mingle elsewhere is undeniable. This is my home, but I at least need a neighbor's house to visit once and a while! ;)

You don't need to visit a neighbor, especially a dirty, sh!tty one. KFFL sucks, may they rot in hell.

BelichickFan said:
You don't need to visit a neighbor, especially a dirty, sh!tty one. KFFL sucks, may they rot in hell.
I actually agree. I posted over at KFFL for quite awhile and just didn't like it as much. I get ripped on at both places but I would much prefer getting ripped on over here. :D

Alk said:
I actually agree. I posted over at KFFL for quite awhile and just didn't like it as much. I get ripped on at both places but I would much prefer getting ripped on over here. :D
It's the jerks who run the place I don't like. That said, while they used to be far busier than patsfans.com, the reverse is now true and this is the place to be.

If patsfanken and belisarius and a couple of others would just move over here full time . . .

Brownfan80 - I get the same message btw. Mine's because I was banned for telling one of the guys who runs KFFL to f*ck off because he came on the pats' forum and called all the Pats fans a bunch of whiney children. If you want to be associated with a place whose admins have no respect for the Pats' fans there - go for it.

Me, I'm happy just being here :rocker:

Last edited:
Alk said:

.....and we enjoy rippin' on you, bud. :)

Brownfan80 said:
I signed up for with the KFFL forums on Tuesday to checkout the landscape over there, went to make my first past today and it gave me this error:

What gives? How long do I have to wait before I'm active?

Also, I know the easy answer is simply not to post there, and just stay here. But the urge to mingle elsewhere is undeniable. This is my home, but I at least need a neighbor's house to visit once and a while! ;)

Mine took a couple of days to be activated - but that way over two years ago.

I like both places. At the height of Patriots dynasty, I found this and PatriotsPlanet both were filled with newbie homers. I wanted to read some diverse opinions and KFFL was it. Now that the newbies have all fled to chase the next big thing, I must admit that I follow more Pats news here than at KFFL.

Although there are posters on KFFL, who are just too funny and too predictable at times :)

BelichickFan said:
Brownfan80 - I get the same message btw. Mine's because I was banned for telling one of the guys who runs KFFL to f*ck off because he came on the pats' forum and called all the Pats fans a bunch of whiney children. If you want to be associated with a place whose admins have no respect for the Pats' fans there - go for it.

Me, I'm happy just being here :rocker:

I'm happy being here as well, hence me never straying before now. When Patsfanken came over and posted I just got curious if there were any other posters of his caliber over there. If what's said in this thread is true as to the number of quality members (patsfanken and belisarius and a couple others) then I say we just make an effort to convert those guys to Patsfans posters, rather than me having to treck over there to see their posts.

Brownfan80 said:
I'm happy being here as well, hence me never straying before now. When Patsfanken came over and posted I just got curious if there were any other posters of his caliber over there. If what's said in this thread is true as to the number of quality members (patsfanken and belisarius and a couple others) then I say we just make an effort to convert those guys to Patsfans posters, rather than me having to treck over there to see their posts.

Patsfanken is the greatest - - a "must read" post every time.

I'll check with Ian to see if we're well enough under the cap to make a big signing bonus offer to him! :)

shmessy said:

I'll check with Ian to see if we're well enough under the cap to make a big signing bonus offer to him! :)

Perfect!! lol

shmessy said:

Just tell him that his old pal from JI posts here. :D

Brownfan80 said:

Send them an email.

Took me a while after I was supposedly a member so I sent them a long slightly sarcastic email about how it would be nice to be able to post during the football season.

I think they're just lazy about the forum since they really want to sell their services and they get around to the free forum when they get around to it.

RayClay said:
Send them an email.

Took me a while after I was supposedly a member so I sent them a long slightly sarcastic email about how it would be nice to be able to post during the football season.

I think they're just lazy about the forum since they really want to sell their services and they get around to the free forum when they get around to it.

If I have to beg to be admitted to a lesser server I think I'd rather pass. LoL. :cool2:

Last edited:
NEM said:
You have the kffl NEM disease. :D

NEM disease? Please, I beg you, Kill Me Now.

:help:

Jk, mostly.

I registered a very long time ago but I'd guess it's an admin thing. Now as far as the forum itself there are a lot of complaints here about KFFL but the posters and the forum itself I like. Everyone gives their opinion and mostly they back it up. There is no doubt that there are a lot more posters here and I do check this place regularly. However I like that that it is not as crazy there. The quality of posters is not as bad as some of you think. Mostly things that are said are backed whether right or wrong. I have thought about posting here but I am used to the posters there.

P.S. A lot of posters left especially when the BMU, football thing happened.

Don_the_patfan said:
I registered a very long time ago but I'd guess it's an admin thing. Now as far as the forum itself there are a lot of complaints here about KFFL but the posters and the forum itself I like. Everyone gives their opinion and mostly they back it up. There is no doubt that there are a lot more posters here and I do check this place regularly. However I like that that it is not as crazy there. The quality of posters is not as bad as some of you think. Mostly things that are said are backed whether right or wrong. I have thought about posting here but I am used to the posters there.

P.S. A lot of posters left especially when the BMU, football thing happened.

BMU football thing? I am not privy to that story.

Yeah, well I'll check the place out if they ever get around to activating me.

Brownfan80 said:

Yeah, well I'll check the place out if they ever get around to activating me.

Bad part is all the trolls, banned and otherwise, have trouble getting registered there so theyall come here.

Unless you think it's normal to have 30 new posters after the Denver game who post 5-10 times, then go away.

Since they're gone, I'll continue the discussion. Should we trade Brady, or just bench him.:D

Brownfan80 said:
That BMU situation was one of the reasons I left there -- too political. He was a heck of a poster and an excellent Mod.

KFFL was the only Pats message board I'd ever posted at dating back to pre-Belichick -- now I no longer visit. There are some quality posters there -- who I wish were here. The other reason I left was the sense of change on that board. In the old days, Pats-related articles were a welcome topic. But last season I felt more attention (posts) was devoted to feeding the trolls and controversial topics (not my cup of tea).

Guess I have to pay my dues here as one of the newbies (too many). Oh well...a small price to pay for a quality board. :)

And BTW, exactly when do I get the official welcome on board treatment? ;)

Seneschal2 said:
That BMU situation was one of the reasons I left there -- too political. He was a heck of a poster and an excellent Mod.

KFFL was the only Pats message board I'd ever posted at dating back to pre-Belichick -- now I no longer visit. There are some quality posters there -- who I wish were here. The other reason I left was the sense of change on that board. In the old days, Pats-related articles were a welcome topic. But last season I felt more attention (posts) was devoted to feeding the trolls and controversial topics (not my cup of tea).

Guess I have to pay my dues here as one of the newbies (too many). Oh well...a small price to pay for a quality board. :)

And BTW, exactly when do I get the official welcome on board treatment? ;)

Um, sorry -- I don't think we do "official". But it's a nice custom that posters recognize when someone has just arrived. So, sincerely, welcome, Seneschal2! I think we're all agreed that this board, though still full of great posters, hasn't been at its best recently. The only answer is for the good posts to drive out the bad ones. I'm looking forward to reading yours.

Big time poster at the other site.

To be honest its more well thought posts with explainations and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back