PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for the "Draftniks"

Pats0204

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I'm sure a few of you heard about Mayock's obscenely long conference call today (2.5 hours). I was wondering if anyone knows where there is a transcript available? I "googled" it but just came up with some old transcripts from last year. Maybe it takes a day or two to come out?

Also, he mentioned on the call a player who I know very little about. Cincinnati Bearcat DE Walter Stewart. Mayock raised a lot of eyebrows by saying if he checks out medically, he's a TOP 10, yes, top 10 pick! Apparently this kid was diagnosed with a cervical spine abnormality which ended his season and could jeopardize his playing career. Anyone know much more about him than that?

Walter Stewart, DE, Cincinnati, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

I'm sure a few of you heard about Mayock's obscenely long conference call today (2.5 hours). I was wondering if anyone knows where there is a transcript available? I "googled" it but just came up with some old transcripts from last year. Maybe it takes a day or two to come out?

Also, he mentioned on the call a player who I know very little about. Cincinnati Bearcat DE Walter Stewart. Mayock raised a lot of eyebrows by saying if he checks out medically, he's a TOP 10, yes, top 10 pick! Apparently this kid was diagnosed with a cervical spine abnormality which ended his season and could jeopardize his playing career. Anyone know much more about him than that?

Walter Stewart, DE, Cincinnati, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

I'm extremely high on the kid, myself!! Here's a terrific article about'is BackStory:

Walter Stewart takes inspirational path to NFL Scouting Combine - NFL.com

Him and'is Foster Sister. You can tell that she adores'm. :)

0ap1000000138834.jpg

I don't keep up on Mayock, though I think he's worth listening to. I expect you're right that these things take a couple of days ~ or maybe as little as a few hours ~ to hit the Web, if they hit it. But I should also confess that I really have no idea about such things ~ how reliably such things find there way to the Web, and how quickly.

I absolutely love this Lad, and believe that he'll overcome the Spine business and in fact suffer no lingering affects whatsoever and forge one Hell of a fine career...

Mayock is clearly privy to authentic Inside Information that we are not: He was frothing over Chandler Jones, last Spring, calling'm no less than "the best Defensive Player in the Draft." This, at a time when all the Tape that I could find on'm showed me a lumbering stiff. Of course, it turned out ~ as I quickly discovered, having previously overlooked it ~ that all that Bad Tape was because of an Injury he was playing through. It was definitely a Learning Experience for me, and taught me to comb carefully for Injuries and think twice before dismissing a Prospect out'f hand.
39.gif

So, yeah: That showed me that Mayock ~ unlike that greasy idiot, Kiper ~ actually employs some worthwhile Judgment, in addition to whatever additional Tape and Scouting Evaluations he's privy to.

Of course, he also called Robert Ayers "the best Defensive Player in the Draft" a few year's back, so I wouldn't go overboard in weighing his Opinion!!
jester.gif

I'm not ready to commit to slotting guys, just yet, but I will say that I don't find Mayock in the least bit outlandish on this kid: Terrific Burst, Core Strength, Fluidity, and, above all, Processing Speed. Here's some sweet Tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QcWcCPDrI

Bunch of good stuff, in fact:

https://www.youtube.com/results?lr=&cr=&safe=images&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Cincinnatti%20%22Walter%20Stewart%22&sa=N&tab=w1

Great stuff as usual OTG. Thanks for the info. I watched the tape of the game vs. Pitt. That kid was ALL OVER THE PLACE. Hope the medicals check out on him.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back