PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for the archive geeks: Has NE ever lost 2 straight prime time games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Anyone have the answer here?

I looked back quite a few years since Sunday night games were introduced into the schedule and found that when NE played a Monday night followed by a sunday night in the following week (or vice versa) they have NEVER lost both games.

Is this correct..anyone?

if u are correct.....

i hope the streak lives on...

They have not have to play that too to often.. But in the Bledsoe years, they were usually not ready for prime time players

95 37-3 lost to Denver, but did beat Buffalo on MNF

96 - No mnf games, but did play 2 sunday games beat buffalo on a mcginnist int, and clubbed the Chargers in san diego

97 - Ugly prime time yr- lost to Denver and Green bay, but did beat miami and the jets in the classic Tuna Bowl game

98- Lost to Denver and the Jets, but beat Miami on the Bledsoe to jefferson td pass.

99 - Beat the Giants on sun nite fb and also beat Dallas on snf- But lost to the jets as usual on mnf..

00- lost to the jets at the medowlands and beat the chiefs...

Now as you know they were not back to back games, but then along came a man name Brady and things changed.. So I fell good about the game tom nite

In 02, the Pats lost at Tennessee on Monday night and then to the Jets on Sunday night (which basically lost the division). I think those were in succession.

In 02, the Pats lost at Tennessee on Monday night and then to the Jets on Sunday night (which basically lost the division). I think those were in succession.

Just checked Joepats and you are correct,I missed those two prime time games as I thought the Jets were sunday afternoon but no, it was at night

GOOD JOB

Just hope that 2002 prime time debacle does not recur tomorrow night

Very right joe

There was a time in the 1970s or early 80s when we had a simply gawdawful record on MNF. One of the stats geeks here probably can look it up, but I am sure we had at one point lost at least 9 or 10 in a row on MNF. And since those were the only prime time games on in those days, I guess that would qualify as losing 2 prime time games in a row, and then some, and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes