PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for people who attended one of the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patters

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From what you saw live on the field, has Brady been playing poorly (bad throws, bad decisions, overlooking open receivers), or were his receivers covered and failing to get open?

Have been to both the Jets and Broncos game. Yes he has been off on some passes but usually the receivers not being in the right place there has been some throws were the receivers are on top of one another our they can't get away from the defender. So I think over time they will get better the more they play together.

Last edited:
I was at the Bills game and it was usually a case of the receivers being covered. There was one obvious case where Brady didn't find the open receiver and I can remember him bouncing one to Watson on one. Pass protection was crappy too which contributed as much as Brady and the receivers to a bad passing game IMO.

At the Buffalo game the receivers couldn't get separation. In the Denver game he either overthrew or underthrew a ton of balls that would have been caught had they been on the mark (or I guess, in fairness, if the receiver had been in the right place - don't know who was the problem; Brady or the receivers).

Last edited:
I was at the game. There were a few throws that were to nobody and a couple that could have been picked off but guys weren't getting any separation downfield.

I went to the Buffalo game where the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the abysmal receiving corps we had out there. I went to the Jets game - where the balme should fall more on Brady's shoulders.

Truth be told, I blame the play calling. Could you PLEASE stop the deep pass - over and over again. Too much. Too many. Someone, please tell me when this has been a Brady strength? Screens, dink and dunk, play action, then deep - on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes