PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for Patriots Fans - Please Help me Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, the difference between hockey (Wild blow BTW) and football is that the whole league got together and changed the rules in Hockey, like it was the Board of Governers, the players, and the league itself that all got together and ironed it out.

The competition committee for the NFL only has members from a few teams. From what I can find (and if anyone has up to date information please post it) the members are:

Matt Millen (Lions)
Rich McKay (Falcons)
Jeff Fisher (Titans)
Marvin Lewis (Bengals)
John Mara (Giants)
Ozzie Newsome (Ravens)
Bill Polian (Colts)
Mark Richardson (Panthers)

Source (Albeit old): http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2539393

The bigger question here is why isn't every team in the NFL represented on this committee?

Imagine if you will if the GM of your biggest rival team (I guess it would be the Packers?) was on the CC and whined and complained so much about everything that you guys did that the freakin rules ended up being changed because of it. You'd have good reason to believe that the league, or at least certain elements of it, were out to get you.
I think this is the best argument in this thread w/regard to why the pats and their fans are a bit paranoid. It is understandable. The makeup of the competition committee is a bit suspect. Hoewever, I think it's a separate issue from whether officiating crews generally have it in for the pats.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't every team in the league vote in the current members of the committee?

Personally, I saw from his first post that the author was an arrogant pr**k. Unlike you, I give him no credit for being smart.
You make a good point. Let's say a smart arrogant pr**k = BS artist. It's amazing how long people kept posting with this arsehole.

Edit: to clarify characterization of the poster in question.

Last edited:
Ive been reading this board all season (amazing board by the way, probably one of the most active I've ever seen)

Im not a Pats fan, Im a Minnesota fan, and I just dont understand some of the behaviour around here.

I constantly read posts by Pats fans who seem to honestly believe that the NFL and the game officials are actually out to get them! These people aren't kidding, theyre sincere, and its a fairly common view.

I mean honestly? Every team gets bad calls against them and every team gets bad calls in their favour. Its human nature to only remember the bad ones that go against you, just like in poker where you only remember all the times you got beat by some random fluke but never remember when a miracle card falls in your favour.

How is it that any fan in any city, especially one whose team is UNDEFEATED can actually be so ignorant as to think the league and its officials hold a vendetta against them?

I consistantly see how much you guys love to call fans in other cities "whiners". "The Colts are the biggest whiners", "The Steelers are the biggest whiners", etc, yes so many of you sit here and complain about how bad the NFL treats you, how biased the refs are, etc.

Can someone please explain to me how any serious sports fan with a drop of a clue can actually think their team is being targeted by league officials and refs? Id love to understand.

Do you actually believe the refs are out to get you? Do you actually believe the Commissioner is against you? Do you actually believe that GM from the Colts has the power to mold the league to his liking so his team could beat you? Do you actually believe that the NFL intentionally lets other teams off on things and nails the patriots just for kicks?

You guys are on pace for a perfect season and you STILL complain and make conspiracy theories. SHould that not make YOU the biggest whiners? I cant even imagine what this place would sound like if the Pats lost a game.

(oh and dont use "bullcrap Offensive PI on Moss". Its been happening his WHOLE career. Minnesota fans remember it well. The fact of the matter is, he should know by now whats going to happen if he puts his hands on a dback. Its bull**** yes, but its not new)

(oh and sorry to the Pats fans around here who actually write with their brains, I dont mean to group you in with the crazies)
So what are you saying, this never happens on the boards of other winning teams? If you do, you're full of crap. You're a troll.

I'm not suggesting that the refs are out to get us cuz they're not. It is kind of strange when every time we play the colts in they're stadium we're constantly getting screwed over by the refs. when we play at home its not a problem, but when we play in they're dome we all get screwed over by the refs. The refs aren't for the colts, no....I guess we just get unlucky.....every single time we go to they're R C gay dome.... I'm so glad we're playing at our home stadium in the playoffs when we face them.

Last edited:
made Pats change field turf and so on.

FWIW, while the NFL was complaining, it's also important to note that Brady was complaining too. [And, yeah, it ain't grass, but it's kinda hard to argue with the Pats' record on the new turf. :) ]

I don't even understand what u just said. "spit take" ????? what????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spit_take

A spit-take is a comedic technique in which someone spits a beverage out of his or her mouth when he or she reacts to a statement during a take. In a spit-take, the reaction is usually one of surprise. Danny Thomas is sometimes credited with popularizing its use in comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back