PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for moderator????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm with Pony et. al. on this one... I mean, the law is one thing, and whether toes would be stepped on is another.

I don't know the nature of the event, and that's what it seems to hinge on. Think about it this way - if you believe it was private, give BB's reps on the Patriots a call, and see how they feel about you posting.

My guess it that didn't occur, because we all suspect the official team response would be a no. But of course, maybe not.

I'd go real easy, as a fan, since my reporting function wasn't known. It's also "on them" to make the rules clear... but at the same time, they've shown you the courtesy of having you at the private event, so you show them the courtesy of getting permission.

That's just me though... the paradox is, if you do post it, hell yes I'll read it!

Welcome to the hypocritical world of publishing.

PFnV

Well I'm with Belichickfan on this one-it's not like they were at BB's daughter's wedding and would be reporting on what went on-it was a question and answer session between BB & fans, not a private function with his relatives!

My guess is that BB answered the questions in such a way that nothing confidential was said. He isn't stupid; he knows that anything he says at such an event is likely to end up in the public domain. A truly private meeting would be one involving officials from the Pats or the NFL. That said, I would get permission from him. It shows respect for him and reflects well on the board.

If not appropriate for this site, how about contacting Laura from All Things Belichick??.. she seems to like this type of thing and it is not in conflict with this site, this might be a consideration.

This is in another thread as well but it is at the end of a long thread. I just went to a dinner with BB. I recorded the event so I could transcribe it for my self and those who went with me. Can/should I post it here and what is the best way to post 7 pages of a word doc.

The event was private and i am wondering if you think it would be wrong to post it here?

any advice from the mods here would be great? anyone else too?

if it was "on the record" and BB knew that what he was saying would be made public, post it.

My guess is that BB answered the questions in such a way that nothing confidential was said. He isn't stupid; he knows that anything he says at such an event is likely to end up in the public domain. A truly private meeting would be one involving officials from the Pats or the NFL. That said, I would get permission from him. It shows respect for him and reflects well on the board.

I agree with Mr Cat (he must have sobered up again ... ;))

You were not told that the session was on a confidential basis, so you should feel free to pass on any ideas or information that were given there to a thousand or so of your close friends.

ON THE OTHER HAND, recording and transcribing, especially if it was done without explicit permission is another thing. Anyone who speaks in public should have no problem with their ideas being passed on but they would be entitled to offended if someone recorded and transcribed what was said -- especially if they did not ask permission first.

My advice is: contact the Patriots and ask permission to post a transcript. If they say "no", still feel free to use your recording as notes from which to give us a FULL report.

(And: many thanks -- your account of the evening has already put a big smile on my face!)

if it was "on the record" and BB knew that what he was saying would be made public, post it.
a summary would suffice , im sure its the same stuff he says at all his paid appearances , you guys are making way to much about this

Some people just don't seem to be equipped to be able to decide right and wrong for themselves. They need it spelled out by a decree. Others can figure it out on a case by case basis. It seems our thread originator has made such a decision on what is right and wrong in this situation. I support it.

Last edited:
Pending Ian's decision and the words of others, why not provide a short summary in your words about specific points that in your opinion provided a nice insight into this brilliant coach? Something that most of us fans might not be aware about...

I'm pretty sure it would be OK, if it was from the Patriots Extra Points Visa Card, the story is on Patriots.com.

This is from the Patriots Extra Points card, right?

Should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing