Welcome to PatsFans.com

Question for Moderator

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by 3 to be 4, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Are the rules different in the Religious Forum? Ive been called every name in the book, and the most vile things have been said about Christianity.

Does the fact that I declared Jesus Christ to be Lord make it open season for posters to call me Nazi, crazy, lunatic, predator, dangerous to children and for the religion of Christianity to be called the names that it is here?

I know NEM had one thread shut down but Grogan went after me with a vengeance and nothing happened.

Just curious.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

We made our own rules after Ian thought about shutting the political forum down (because visitors were so turned off by the tone of the posts). Our rules aren't perfect, but they've been good enough and Ian is satisfied with the way the political forum operates. Here, it's not acceptable to call people names or to stereotype about Christianity, but we give quite a bit of latitude. The religious forum will need a set of rules if people get out of hand. If it keeps up, perhaps you (or I) could contact Ian and could propose having a moderator or two for that forum, too. Maybe it could be you and someone who represents the "opposition"?
  3. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Just go back a few months in the Religious forum and you wont a problem finding it.

So, if the Old Testament is the word of God, then its interesting how so much of the prophesies in it came true in one man.

btw, did you forget this thread?
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=40820&page=6

or your apology recently?
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  4. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

are you 12?
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Now, now, we don't need yet another thread deteriorate into bickering. Please, go to bed and wait until the morning before responding! Thanks.
  6. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hitler killed all those people in the Name of Jesus Christ? Stalin was an Evangelical, huh? Mao? Milosivic? Hussein? Well known Born Again Christians.

You are just a bigot.
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

This thread is closed because it's quickly deteriorating into personal attacks. Please everyone try to recognize that we're apparently in a period of forum-wide catharsis. Please do not contribute to the negative atmosphere. This will all calm down in a day or two. If you feel this thread should be reopened, contact FTW or me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.