PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for Miguel

Status
Not open for further replies.

braveht

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Re Sey's contract.Your notes show...
April 17, 2006 update From a very reliable resource - "fyi, the $18.66M option bonus is actually two option bonuses . . . the first, for $6.66M is due between aug. 4 of this year and march of next year . . . the second, for $12M is due by march 7 of next year"
September 16, 2006 update I am presuming that the Patriots picked up the $6.66 million option bonus sometime in August.
February 2, 2007 update I am now presuming that the Patriots were able to prorate the 18.66 million option bonus over 4 seasons (2006/2007/2008/2009).

The 2nd "option" bonus, $12M., is due this March. Is this an option? If so how can it be prorated? Also trying to figure how the $18.66 spreads over 4 years but is $6M this year.

Thanks

Option bonuses are already prorated.

It is $6 million per year because Seymour also got a $5.34 million signing bonus as part of the deal.

I know that my 2006 number for Seymour is correct because it matches what the NFLPA site says in its listing of franchise numbers making it very likely that my 2007 number is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back