PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question for 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
There was a post from a Californian paper that covers the Raiders. In an interview with Randy Moss, Moss revealed that he was totally perplexed with the Doug Gabriel trade. He said he was "on the Raiders" but they "weren't his team". He also expected that he would be cut in the offseason as he has an enormous bonus coming due. He also revealed that he feels that Doug Gabriel is like a little brother to him, and clearly had won the #2 WR job on the Raiders.

If Moss is a FA in 2007, do Belichick and Pioli go after him to bolster the WR corps? Many a troublesome player eventually "grows up". Look what happened to our own number 1s "problem childs" as they got older. One became a preacher and team leader, and the other is a moment of sanity on the Cowboys revolving WR circus.

Would the Patriots go after an older, more mature and hopefully wiser, Randy Moss?:confused:

Last edited:
Branch and picks for Moss? Sounds good to me.

I don't think so, for the sole reason that he talks too much. BB runs a tight ship. True Patriot players keep their mouths shut around the media. Just the fact that Moss spoke that way shows that he is still not "grown up" in the Patriots sense.

stinkypete said:
I don't think so, for the sole reason that he talks too much. BB runs a tight ship. True Patriot players keep their mouths shut around the media. Just the fact that Moss spoke that way shows that he is still not "grown up" in the Patriots sense.

Nobody thought Corey Dillon would drink the kool aid here either.

Maybe Randy Moss is ready to dedicate himself to a team and in process see what winning a championship is all about?
Maybe the difference between Deion money and Randy Moss money is not so large, if at all?

Tell me now, if you had a choice - would you take Deion Branch or Randy Moss??

if BB would take a chance with Moss's random attitude at times..i would do it. but he gets option if he wnats to leave team or stay after this season i heard because the way his contract was set.

I can't believe we're even talking about this.

The comments about the "elder" players controlling comments to the media in the BB way reminds me that one of the biggest challenges facing the Patriots is who will be the locker room leaders once Troy Brown, Bruschi, and others retire. Who will be Patriots leaders of 2008 and beyond do you think?

winning changes everything.....Brady to Moss....Brady to Moss.....Brady to Moss....mmmmmmmm

NordicVoyager said:
The comments about the "elder" players controlling comments to the media in the BB way reminds me that one of the biggest challenges facing the Patriots is who will be the locker room leaders once Troy Brown, Bruschi, and others retire. Who will be Patriots leaders of 2008 and beyond do you think?

Brady, Vrabel, Seymour, Light, Koppen (if he stays), Hobbs, Warren, and Wilfork. There are many other possibilities.

Why do people like Randy Moss so much? Great athlete, yes. Great reciever when he feels like it. If Branch was playing, I would not want Moss for Branch. I've never seen Branch give up on a play, never. How can a player give up on a play on the last play of a game that could provide the win? Maybe he's great for your fantasy team, but no thanks on the Patriots.

I don't see how people are comparing Moss to Dillon. Dillon worked is **** off, but was on a team that seemed content with losing. He was frustrated because while he was busting his butt his teammates and coaches did not have the same committment and work ethic. Moss' problems are completely different. This is a guy who said to the press "I practice when I want to practice." And he yells at his coaches, telling them to put him. That would never fly here. And as many have mentioned, if the play wasn't coming to him, he would go half speed. Hell, he would go half speed sometimes even if the play WAS coming to him. The whole "Randy Ratio" thing where 1 in 3 passes would go to him, was in part due to a soft coaching staff trying to keep Moss happy. If he doesn't get the ball he throws a fit. Then there's the time he squirted his water bottle at a ref. Have Pat's fans still yet to learn that we don't want or need layers like this?

scout said:
If Branch was playing, I would not want Moss for Branch.
LOL. No way. Moss is elite. Branch is a twig. An often broken twig. Brady to Moss would be special. If RM can convice the brain trust that he will be a Patriot, sign me up. I can't imagine DB ever convincing anyone ever again he will be a Patriot.

Moss has often said he plays when he wants to. I don't want that type of player on my team. Oh yeah, how many catches does Moss have in Super Bowls ? Deion Branch has 21 I believe. I rather have Deion, who works hard all the time, than Moss, who obviously is bigger and more talented, but only plays when he wants to. Moss hasn't shown that he is so durable either, probably has missed as much time as Deion since 2003.

Well, if RM plays 10% of the time, that's 10% more than DB is playing. DB is dead to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back