PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question concerning regular season stats versus playoff stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fair catch fryar

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Not very important, but I was curious. Does anyone know if playoff stats are included with regular season stats when totaling up a players all-time #s. The reason I ask is that Tom Brady ended the regular season with 197 TDs so far in his career, would this also include the TDs he threw against the Jags on Saturday night?

Link to Brady's career #s:
http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/profile?id=BRA371156

I think the answer is no. I did the math on Eli Manning (less years) and the career total was his regular season totals and did not include is post season scores.

No, they explicitly do not [18 + 28 + 23 + 28 + 26 + 24 + 50 = 197; adding in postseason play gives him 220]. So, for example, the NFL will recognize Brady's performance Saturday night as the most efficient playoff passing game, but not the most efficient passing game in NFL history (even though it is).

Last edited:
If I remember right back when the Pats were going for the consecutive wins in a row record it was said that the NFL does not mix regular and post season stats...but then that was a memory from 3 years ago so take it for what it's worth.

If I remember right back when the Pats were going for the consecutive wins in a row record it was said that the NFL does not mix regular and post season stats...but then that was a memory from 3 years ago so take it for what it's worth.

You are dead on. The 21 wins has an item in the hall of fame, but the 18-straight regular season wins was an NFL record until this years pats beat it with a 19-game win streak (they won the last 3 games last year).

Interestingly enough, if the Pats win the super bowl, their reg. and post season win streaks will be at 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots