Welcome to PatsFans.com

Question: athlete's performance centers (pre-draft training)

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by PonyExpress, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Anyone else think that these so-called "Centers", first made popular by baseball players in Arizona (hint, hint), and sprinters, are probably feeding HGH to the pro prospects prior to the draft? I think the chances are oh, about 95%.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  2. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

I went ot one when I was coming out of college. And yes it was in Arizona. I was coming off knee surgery, I had torn 3 ligaments, much like Rodney did and they did wonders for me. And while I did take a lot of vitamins and supplements, I do not think they gave me anything that was ever illegal or would cause serious side effects down the road.

I am sending my son (15 years old) to one right now. As a six foot, 230 pound ILB, they have reduced his 40 time from 5.56 to 4.98 in less 6 months, increased his strength by 11% and increased his flexibility by 4%. The only thing they've given him is either water or gatorade.
  3. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I stand corrected. That's why I left 5%! :)
  4. HAMMERMILL

HAMMERMILL Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would be shocked if any athlete would "use performance enhancing drugs"on purpose;)
    What would they have to gain?
    Oh ya, Multi million dollar contracts.
    The companies blur the line between Legal/Illegal.
    They "push the envelope" just like the players must do.
  5. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

When I went to Arizona, the councilors made a point of taking all the kids with Asthsma or on any doctor prescribed medicine and seperating them from the rest of us for 2 days.

When those kids where finally allowed back with the main group, I asked one of them where they went. He said the medical staff and trainers went over all their perscriptions one player at a time and each player had to give a couple of tubes of blood. The blood was sent away for testing and when the tests came back, he was allowed to return. I think some players were not allowed to return and they were sent home.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.