PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question About UDRFA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhExaulted1

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I don't know if this question has been brought up or not but are teams going to be able to sign undrafted rookies after the draft or do they fall under the no free agent movement umbrella? If teams were able to do that until this CBA mess is cleared up we'd at least have something else to look forward to instead of all this legal mumbo-jumbo CBA crap.

If they're not able to sign UDRFA's when the draft is over I feel sorry for those kids who have their futures still left in limbo.

Limbo it is. Very tough on the young players who won't know whether to keep hoping & training or to start looking for a new career.

I think it makes 7th-round picks a little more attractive than usual, just to nail some of those borderline guys down.

I don't know if this question has been brought up or not but are teams going to be able to sign undrafted rookies after the draft or do they fall under the no free agent movement umbrella? If teams were able to do that until this CBA mess is cleared up we'd at least have something else to look forward to instead of all this legal mumbo-jumbo CBA crap.

If they're not able to sign UDRFA's when the draft is over I feel sorry for those kids who have their futures still left in limbo.

I feel sorry for a majority too. To get so close to your dream and to fall short must be tough. But if they are smart and didn't take pool maintenance or golf classes as their main electives they can take heart that they got an education for doing something they loved to do. Free or partial charge for a lot of them.

Being in limbo isn't the worst thing in the world. Maybe it gives them more time to prepare themselves for what they need to do.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for a majority too. To get so close to your dream and to fall short must be tough. But if they are smart and didn't take pool maintenance or golf classes as their main electives they can take heart that they got an education for doing something they loved to do. Free or partial charge for a lot of them.

Being in limbo isn't the worst thing in the world. Maybe it gives them more time to prepare themselves for what they need to do.

LIMBO? What 21 year old guy hasnt been there before?:rocker: Its a perfect time in their life to be there, everyone getting out of college is about to join them.

I'd guess that 30-50 of those kids (including many of the "rough diamonds") sign with the UFL or CFL, just to be assured of a paycheck and the opportunity to continue playing ball. I could see the UFL, at least, offering some encouraging signing bonuses to get that done quickly (before the NFL resolves its issues).

LIMBO? What 21 year old guy hasnt been there before?:rocker: Its a perfect time in their life to be there, everyone getting out of college is about to join them.

Very true. I know the feeling, but you're talking about a legitamite shot at a dream for some of them. Wouldn't that one chance to go for it at 21/22/23 be worth it wether you make it or not. The chance to put on the uniform for a Pro-football team.

That is the age to dream of the future. I for one hope they get it before they're forced to give it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes