PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question about the Gillette Stadium crowd factor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
For those that have attended games there-how loud and shaky does the stadium get(to the point where the QB has to shout his audibles/the O can't hear a thing)?

Just curious(and NOT making excuses on my behalf), but to be honest, the TX Stadium crowd is *too nice*(it's been like that for years). Don't know why, but even THE LOUISIANA SUPERDOME(the same stadium that hosts the "Paper Bags" team) can get loud and shaky, which is sad.

For those that have attended games there-how loud and shaky does the stadium get(to the point where the QB has to shout his audibles/the O can't hear a thing)?

Just curious(and NOT making excuses on my behalf), but to be honest, the TX Stadium crowd is *too nice*(it's been like that for years). Don't know why, but even THE LOUISIANA SUPERDOME(the same stadium that hosts the "Paper Bags" team) can get loud and shaky, which is sad.

Gillette typically doesn’t get very loud compared to other stadiums I have been too. I don’t think it’s the fans, I just think it is because of the way it’s built.

The loudest I have ever heard it was after the AFC Championship game vs. the Colts (when BB took the podium).

Never heard it louder than that moment.

Never heard it louder than that moment.

Last edited:
Gillette is not as good as the old Fox for crowd noise. The seats are much farther back from the field in general, and there are the red seats in the middle section between the 20s (club seats) that can be empty during bad weather or bad performance games. Last year the crowd was pretty subdued for many games as the team was very inconsistent. The two games I attended this year were nice and loud (San Diego & Buffalo). All playoff games have always been loud IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back