PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question about the end of Super Bowl 36

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rule for only 4 seconds to be taken off on a FG had been in place, the Pats could have simply waited for the clock to hit 4 before they spiked the ball.

That was the right way for the game to end.

I live in the real world, not a fantasy world where there was a conspiracy towards the Rams in Super Bowl 36.

Sounds like you hang around with some real fruitloops too by the way.

"We won because of 9/11."

Ok then.

Do they hang out at area 51 too?

Thanks for contributing to this thread.

I didn't say I hung out with them I said I've met people that have said it, it's not uncommon outside of New England.

I didn't say I hung out with them I said I've met people that have said it, it's not uncommon outside of New England.

I wouldn't get wrapped up in the hate, it's an excersize in futility.

I travel all over the country with my business and everywhere I go, there are haters, they make me laugh at this point, I've heard everything under the sun at this point and all of it is funny in a pathetic/sad sort of way.

Trying to reason with Patriot haters is like trying to reason with some nitwit from Alabama who hates northerners and still thinks the Civil War is going on.

No point in trying to talk sense into someone who has none................

I travel all over the country with my business and everywhere I go, there are haters, they make me laugh at this point, I've heard everything under the sun at this point and all of it is funny in a pathetic/sad sort of way.

Trying to reason with Patriot haters is like trying to reason with some nitwit from Alabama who hates northerners and still thinks the Civil War is going on.

Man, I couldn't have said it better myself.

the scoreboard person wanted the game to end on a FG and not a kickoff, the NFL prob did also. Makes for a better finish.

Trying to reason with Patriot haters is like trying to<b> reason with some nitwit from Alabama who hates northerners and still thinks the Civil War is going on.</b>

Got a few of those here too, I need to get out of Louisiana.

You are right though, it's futile to even try to talk sense into them, I have a problem with arguing about it but it's gotten old at this point.

Man, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Thanks; so you've met some of the folks who call the American Civil War the War of Northern Aggression then too huh?

To use a technical term, they've got a screw loose..................

Got a few of those here too, I need to get out of Louisiana.

You are right though, it's futile to even try to talk sense into them, I have a problem with arguing about it but it's gotten old at this point.

Agreed; just root for your team and don't get caught up in the nonsense.

Brady and BB could both retire tomorrow and it's over in a flash, so enjoy the ride while you can.

I say this as someone who sat through some pretty dismal games down at the old stadium, including a 1-15 season with the immortal Rod "I'm proud of my men" Rust as the head coach..................

I'm guessing that on that Rams fan conspiracy site, they didn't mention the fact that St. Louis ran a perfectly-executed illegal pick play that sprang Ricky Proehl for the game-tying touchdown.

I'm guessing that on that Rams fan conspiracy site, they didn't mention the fact that St. Louis ran a perfectly-executed illegal pick play that sprang Ricky Proehl for the game-tying touchdown.

Nope, not mentioned as that would fly in the face of their conspiracy theory; never let the facts get in the way of your arguement, any ambulance chaser/two bit lawyer will tell you that one...........

Of all the conspiracy theories I've heard regarding SB XXXVI, my favorite is the one that "the NFL wanted us to win the first SB after 9/11 because we're called the Patriots". Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what New Yorkers wanted to see after they lost the Twin Towers: a team originally from Boston winning the SB.

Something else about the end of that game is that, when Brady spikes the ball to kill the clock, the clock stops at 7 seconds right when the ball is snapped, NOT when the play is over. There should have been at least 1, if not 2 more seconds run off. That's why I never gave the clock rundown after the FG a second thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes