PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question about Redskins signing Haynesworth and tampering

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
With Free agency not starting til Friday, it was my assumption that team were not allowed to talk to free agents until the start of free agency. However, we have heard from several reports that the Redskins are going to sign Haynesworth for a contract over $100 million. If this is true, it seems pretty cut and dry that the redskins have already been in contact with Haynesworth's agent. How is this not tampering? And I wonder what type of actions Goodell will take against the Redskins. It will be interesting to see if he takes a harsher stance on the Redskins since it seems the weak penalties he gave to the 49ers for tampering last season did not seem to deter the Redskins.

If it is tampering, my guess he does nothing.

Last edited:
Right now, everybodies tampering. It happens every year, and unless there's some serious proof, Godell will do nothing. The fact that people say Haynesworth is signing with the Redskins, doesnt mean he is. We'll have to wait, and see. All i've heard down here, is that the Titans have told Albert to look around, get a price, and they'll match it. I tend to not believe anybody at this point.

Also, would you mind providing a link to what you're talking about

Last edited:
Filming on the sidelines costs a 1st rounder, but negotiating with other teams' players is a rule that is ignored. Selective inforcement....and since Washington is involved...why would the rules get in the way in that city. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that hidden away in the govt stimulus plan is a $100 million "Defensive" appropriation for DC.

Filming on the sidelines costs a 1st rounder, but negotiating with other teams' players is a rule that is ignored. Selective inforcement....and since Washington is involved...why would the rules get in the way in that city. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that hidden away in the govt stimulus plan is a $100 million "Defensive" appropriation for DC.

Of course, the Redskins are tampering. What do you think Snyder

and Haynesworth's agent are talking about when they are having

supper together. I doubt they are discussing contract bridge strategy.

OR

The Redskins could have "leaked" it to the press. That wouldn't be tampering. There's no guarantee Haynesworth would read that! =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes