PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question about how Belichick runs Training Camps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The reason why I'm asking is b/c here in Dallas, despite Wade running camps that are not exactly soft, they're not exactly hard-in-your-face either. They're kind of laid back - but despite all this, we end up getting numerous injuries to players here and there(not just this year with Bryant, but 2 years ago, for example, we lost our starting LG Kyle Kosier for the entire season but 2 games, and 3 years ago, Terrence Newman came up with some mysterious foot injury that hobbled him for most of that year).

Anyhow - I just find it odd how despite Wade running somewhat layed back TCs, injuries just pop up more frequently that alot of us fans here have anticipated.

So just curious - I thought I read here that Belichick runs hard/practice-with-pads TCs, but en yet, it's pretty rare I hear news of injuries coming out.

Does Belichick run TC practices this hard, or does he do it in a certain way, despite all the sweat and nitty gritty? Because like mentioning above, I don't often hear of many injuries coming out of your TCs during BB's tenure.

Uh, guys DO get ijured.

That said BB's sessions are ORGANIZED ro 3 decimal places. One session might be hard, another stressing technique. It varies. Alternates.

I noticed that on today (not always) on KRs the big fat blockers carried pads like shields that they used to 'block' the kickoff team. This prevents unnecessary injuries while allowing speedy technique.

Very fast paced station to station. I would in no way qualify it as laid back. He does mix in things to break up the mundane too(like having Vince catch a punt with a ball in his hand already for time off). But like every team the idea is to get ready so there is contact but they try not to tackle and they will do things to prevent injuries. And then every few practices are walkthroughs with no pads.

that said we have had a few guys baged up already hopefully nothing serious.

have you been to Cowboy camp yet this year? if so what can you tell us about some players or other things you saw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back