PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question about games being televised...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanP421

Banned
Reaction score
Couldn't find anything about it...

I was wondering if anyone knows where to look in order to know whether or not a game will be televised in my area? I'm in GA. When I look it just lists all of the games from that particular day and says check regional listings...Where do I do that? Just wanting to know if I'll be able to watch week 1 on CBS here or not.

Thanks alot!

There is typically a map that comes out about 3-5 days in advance that says what game will be televised in your area.

Much of it depends on the area you're in. Being in Georgia, I don't think they'll show any of the Early AFC games on network TV that may conflict with the Falcons.

Now, if the Falcons happen to be playing later in the day, then you'd have a shot at seeing the Pats on Network TV. But again, a lot will depend on where you are.

If you want to watch the Pats consistently, you've got two options. Get DirecTV Sunday Ticket or go to a Sports Bar that has DirecTV.

Directv usually gives that first weekend free. So, if you have Directv you'll be fine. Wouldn't you guys usually get a team in AFC South?

The Falcons are always on Fox in the area...Usually there is a game on CBS as well, but it won't tell me which game it is out of all the games that are at 1pm...

Thanks everyone.

Sorry Godingreyhoodie, I was way too slow and didn't see your reply. Great site though, I live in Tampa and I need to plan my trips to Beef O Bradys when the Pats aren't televised.

Am I missing something or does that site only show Sunday Night and Monday night games? Those are nationally televised. I'm talking about 1pm and 4:15 sunday games

You could also see part of the games on Comcast Redzone. At least when they are about to score.

And if you dont mind watching the game afterwards https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/registerform for just 39.99 you can see all the games since 2009.

That sounds pretty cool...So basically after each game is completed live, I can turn it on through this and watch it in it's entirety as if I had been taping it? Forgive my ignorance, I've never even heard of this...

EDITL I guess what I'm asking is how soon after each game is completed is it put into these archives and if that 40 bucks is a one time fee?

Last edited:
Am I missing something or does that site only show Sunday Night and Monday night games? Those are nationally televised. I'm talking about 1pm and 4:15 sunday games

Third column "map link" on Tuesday or Wednesday each week it will become a link that links to a map. None of the links are active yet cause it ain't close enough.

Third column "map link" on Tuesday or Wednesday each week it will become a link that links to a map. None of the links are active yet cause it ain't close enough.

Oh ok gotcha...Thanks for your help, man.

Usually they report on Wed/Thur when the networks decide which markets will get which games.

That sounds pretty cool...So basically after each game is completed live, I can turn it on through this and watch it in it's entirety as if I had been taping it? Forgive my ignorance, I've never even heard of this...

EDITL I guess what I'm asking is how soon after each game is completed is it put into these archives and if that 40 bucks is a one time fee?

It is after the last game on sunday I guess that's th NBC Football Night Game.

You can see the entire game for every team in HD no commercials as many times as you want the entire year.

Sorry Godingreyhoodie, I was way too slow and didn't see your reply. Great site though, I live in Tampa and I need to plan my trips to Beef O Bradys when the Pats aren't televised.

As mentioned elsewhere the 506 maps site is a must for out of town fans, especially if you do not have the Sunday Ticket.

Since you are in Tampa you may want to take a look at this: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...0-2010-televised-games-pats-fans-florida.html

Looks like it will be a trip to the Beef for you week one vs Cincy, week 3 vs Buffalo, week 6 vs the Ravens, week 8 vs the Vikings, week 9 at Cleveland, week 14 at da Bears, and week 16 at Buffalo.

Which Beef O Brady's do you go to; I have heard there are one or two that get a lot of Pats fans. Apparently a lot of Pats fans go to Boston's in Tampa, on Anderson Road just east of the Veteran's Expressway and just south of Linebaugh. Boston's The Gourmet Pizza: Boston's Wall

Further west is K-D's which is on Hillsborough Ave at the Hillsborough/Pinellas county line. It's not the fanciest place in the world, but it's not as if you will have any worries there either. They have a couple of big screens with the audio loud and clear, dedicated to the Pats game and the crowd (40-80 people, depending on if the game is on regular TV) is 99.9% Pats fans every Sunday; as an added bonus the prices for food and drinks are a whole lot better than you will find at Beef's or anywhere else.

Couldn't find anything about it...

I was wondering if anyone knows where to look in order to know whether or not a game will be televised in my area? I'm in GA. When I look it just lists all of the games from that particular day and says check regional listings...Where do I do that? Just wanting to know if I'll be able to watch week 1 on CBS here or not.

Thanks alot!

I live in Savannah and while we get all of the Falcons games (usually on Fox) we are also considered the "home market" for the Jags, which means blackouts (of the Jags). I have Direct TV so I don't worry about it, but if you are in the Atlanta area, you just have to worry about the Falcons, but if you are on the coast, you are considered in the Jags home territory too.

There are several rules that come in to play regarding what gets televised over the local channels. Obviously there is the one about blackouts, where the game will not be televised in a 75-mile radius from the stadium if a game does not sell out; most everyone is familiar with that.

CBS and FOX will show at least one game in each market every Sunday, regardless of blackouts. And each network gets eight 'doubleheader' Sundays where they get to broadcast two games while the other network can only show one.

However sometimes a network will only be able to show one game in some markets on a Sunday even when it is their turn to have a doubleheader. The reason for this is because the NFL also has a rule that if a game does sell out, that can be the only game on TV within that same 75-mile radius.

Apparently the rule was put into place to insure people go to the stadium and spend money there rather than stay at home and watch a more compelling game on TV. The thing is that people who purchase Sunday Ticket would have a fit if they could not see their favorite team because of this rule. So the compromise is that the rule only applies to the local station and not the Ticket. I don't think it results in the original intention of getting people to go to the stadium any longer, but it does help boost business for the Sunday Ticket - whether it be at home or at a sports bar.

An example of where this comes into play for Pats fans would be in week one if you were in Chicago or Pittsburgh. Both those teams are playing an early game at home that day, which will be on FOX in those markets. Even though it is a CBS doubleheader in week one, there can be no game on CBS in Chicago or Pittsburgh while the Bears and Steelers are playing at home. Without that rule the Pats-Bengals game would probably be shown there, but it will not be aired on a local channel in those two cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes