PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Question about Brady's testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed on here at some point but I wouldn't know where to look. Sorry for the new thread, but I'm wondering, did Brady testify that he hadn't had phone contact with Jastremski for months up to the AFC Championship and then began to for days? Clearly we all know by now that Goodell crafted everything to make Brady look bad but how would Roger have any clue, unless Brady told him, if/when he contacted Jastremski if he didn't hand over his phone and withheld information?

Brady turned over his phone call and text records.
Brady did say, IIRC, that he did not speak to The Dorito Dink often or recently, but explained that he was calling him because of these accusations and about prepping the balls for the SB.
I never understood how you would think that after a team was accused of using unacceptable footballs the QB talking to the guy who prepares them would seem suspicious.

They had Jastremski's phone. All of the text from Brady were on it! That is why the league didn't need Brady's phone. They just wanted to create a precedent for all future players!
It would be crazier if Brady didn't contact Jastremski about the ball issues!

Goodell's obvious lie regarding Brady's testimony was not about if he talked to Jastremski. It was on the content of the conversations. He insinuated* that Brady claimed that he and Jastremski only talked about prepping the footballs, when Brady clearly and explicitly said that they did talk about the accusations as well.

*I say insinuated because he doesn't actually come out and say "Mr. Brady's testimony that . . ."; the document actually says that the "The sharp contrast . . . undermines any suggestion during the three days following the AFC championship game that the communications addressed only preparation of footballs for the Super Bowl rather than the tampering allegations and their anticipated responses to inquiries about the tampering." The problem, of course, is that no one ever made that claim.

Brady turned over his phone call and text records.
Brady did say, IIRC, that he did not speak to The Dorito Dink often or recently, but explained that he was calling him because of these accusations and about prepping the balls for the SB.
I never understood how you would think that after a team was accused of using unacceptable footballs the QB talking to the guy who prepares them would seem suspicious.

Yeah obviously we know now he had the texts and e-mails. It was just the point I struggled to get across to some people I work with:
1. The NFL accused three guys of cheating.
2. They had 2 of the 3 phones.
3. Brady could have dropped his phone into an active volcano, and the NFL would still have all they need if there truly was evidence of foul play.

If Brady testified to how often he contacted him, that's one thing. But how did Goodell plan to punish Brady for withholding evidence while using the evidence he withheld to punish him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back