Welcome to PatsFans.com

Queen to make historic UN address and appeal for 'world peace'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Jun 29, 2010.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm..................war is inevitable in days against Iran, the DOW is tanking, Bibi Netenyahu is set to meet Obama in DC on 7/06, coincidence that we have THIS on 7/06?

Queen to make historic UN address and appeal for 'world peace' - Telegraph

She is expected to appeal for world unity and world peace when she addresses the 192-member General Assembly of the United Nations for the first time in more than half a century at the end of her summer tour of Canada.

According to senior royal sources, the Queen, who arrives in Canada tomorrow, is hopeful that her speech of 6 July will be remembered as one of the high-points of her reign.

The Queen, who will be accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh for her visits to Canada and New York, last addressed the UN General Assembly five years after acceding to the throne following the death of her father, George VI.

The Queen was 31 years old when she delivered that speech on October 21, 1957.

read more
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Tuna you do realize your crazy don't you? :singing:
  3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,474 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

God save her.
  4. pherein

pherein Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hey cut tuna some slack, I know his comments are uncommon to the mainstream, but I enjoy his point of view. He's interesting, I actually enjoy them.

Tho he's a little off on this prediction, theirs no way she is part of any governmental conspiracy, because every one knows the druids of 825 bc in England opened a temperamental worm hole to escape the Saxon invasion of wales, and accidentally appeared on the planet Gop. That was governed by an intelligent species of large mouth bass. Combining their DNA with the frightened druids was the only way to make a suitable Ambassador to the newly found British public, and so the Queen was sent back threw the TWH to converse on interstellar earth worms rights with the British parliament.

Unfortunately , the by product of splicing a large mouth, highly intelligent, bass with a human, as we all know, is the insatiable hunger for corgi flesh. Hence the Queen is never seen without her food source, and why they are never the same corgis. Fairly obvious. Tuna my friend where your theory falls short is everyone knows large mouth bass can't count.
    article-1187279-02A2A8490000044D-888_468x433.jpg
    love the post man
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +467 / 7 / -9

Too little, too late. Without Freddie Mercury it will have zero impact.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 10 / -26

"The king is gone, but not forgotten, this is the story of Johnny Rotten".. not sure the significance of such, but it popped into my brain..
  7. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +467 / 7 / -9

"God save the Queen/The fascist regime"... old sex pistols song
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +348 / 3 / -13

Fuggin' "Queens & Dukes"?:rolleyes:

What are we in the middle ages? No one on this earth is "ROYAL" or "From royalty"....this crap makes me sick to my stomach.

To me, this is just some irrelevant lady who for no reason is given a world stage and allowed to spout her opinion.

Can someone explain this in rational terms?

9. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +467 / 7 / -9

I don't think people can explain any hereditary privilidge in rational terms, but humans tend to defend a "right" to inherit things they did not earn.

Monarchs use to "inherit" absolute power. Now they "inherit" a limited head-of-state role, in which you can do things like "appeal for peace".

Similarly, trustafarians "inherit" a lifestyle and material goods.

To denude hereditary monarchs of their "inheritance" of absolute power is the original "death tax."
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Damn!
    Beat me to it!:mad:
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Is that anything like "pastafarians"?

[​IMG]
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

Whatever happened to that guy that used to walk around the Queens bedroom at 3:00 AM and nobody knew who he was........:confused:
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +348 / 3 / -13

I'm ok with the right to leave your children whatever wealth you have achieved (but taxed, of course!).

But not political power, which is a right given by a given society.

I'd be willing to bet that British citizens actually subsidize much of the queen's lifestyle... and that's wrong.
  14. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +467 / 7 / -9

Truth be told in the real world I agree with you. Not that anybody left me anything; I'm more on the taking-care-of-em-in-their-dotage end of that. And I don't have my own biological kids, that I know of. But I understand the human drive to build something multigenerationally.

However, when I reduce it to pure, dry, cold logic it doesn't make sense to immediately, upon birth, determine that a kid can fu(k up all day long for decades and not answer for it, while a kid who "chose" the wrong parents can be virtually doomed in, say, 90% of instances, to never get a shot at "the good life."

We talk a blue streak about how everybody has an equal chance in America, but it's not true, nor has it ever been.

Like I said, I think there should be some taxed portion of inheritance, but the concept itself doesn't bother me, knowing how much people would freak out if the concept went away.

At its heart it is seriously effed up however - certainly as much as the Queen having a hereditary assumption of wealth and some smidgeon of symbolic power.

You were absolutely right to say "what is this, the middle ages?" But if the norm here were not to inherit money, but to work for your own, we'd say the same about inherited wealth....say, about some trust fund kids from an isolated island nation where it's still the norm.

Nevertheless, the norm in Britain is to love their symbolic, hereditary monarch. Why, I dunno. But it is.

PFnV
  15. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +936 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

16. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +467 / 7 / -9

That must be one a them second-amendment remedies I hear so much about...
  17. pherein

pherein Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Ive just always thought its a testament to how messed up our society is that Princess Diana, who did very little with what she was given to help the world, married a guy that she wouldn't of if he was a gas station attendant, and Diana completely trumped Mother Teresa death. A woman that gave up everything to help the poor and sick.
    Princess Diana's Funeral

and yahoo
    It’s A $40 Million Dollar Wedding for Prince William.

and taxes or the non-tax on the Royals will pay for this.

Swedish Crown Princess’s Wedding estimated at $20 Million.

In a Recession, and the lowest employment in 50 years. Europeans have lost all sense of reality.
  18. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +467 / 7 / -9

LOL but they love their royalty. Actually as the younguns grow up in the Nazi Prince Harry/Questionable Death of Diana/Prince Charles the Human Tampon era, the Brits are getting slightly less enamored of that nice Windsor family.
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

Who Gives A Sh!t
  20. Rossmci90

Rossmci90 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

At the same time the Royal Family is also a huge tourist attraction, because lets face it nobody comes here for the weather. You should Buckingham Palace when its the changing of the guards, thousands of people easily.

But anyway, most people don't really care about the Royal Family either way, myself included. I suppose the tradition of it is all well and good, and certainly i would bow to the Queen if i was in a situation where i should but she is just now a ceremonial figure who contributes nothing other than tourists.