PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quasi OT: Changes to Sunday Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on how long you have been a Directtv member to how much you pay although I was an apparent exception since I have been with them only slightly over a year

i've been with them a little less than a year. Signed up for the $60/mo ticket and premier pkg late last august:rocker:

I've actually been debating this with myself all summer. I am really hurting for money this year and am wondering if it's worth it.

The last few years I justified it by saying that since I wasn't going to see the Pats in person anymore, $250 to see every game on TV wasn't a bad deal. You're going to spend at least that much (or darn close) just to go to one game between the tickets, hotel, gas, etc. (let alone if you have to fly.)

However now that I'm actually trying to be responsible and not just put anything I can't afford right away on my credit card, I doubt I'll be able to afford an extra $50 each month. :eek:

All of this ties in to my earlier rants that the league is getting too big. They're so concerned about money, money, money, revenue, revenue, revenue, that they're pricing average joes like me right out of the market.

I also know that at least one other subscriber, my uncle, has cancelled; but I can't discuss his reasons here, it would have to go in the Political forum. :rolleyes:

True Believer, I am in the same boat. They make you call to cancel so I called and I told them I was cancelling because of financial reasons. They started bargaining with me. First she offered $10 off each of the 6 payments ($60), I said no, so she countered with $20 off each payment. At that point I should have said, "make it $30 and you got a deal", but I said OK. I later called to cancel that because the last few years have been so heartbreaking, I really can't take the stress, so I'll just follow the scores and catch the occasional game on nfl network after the fact or if they are on regular TV I might watch. That last game is still sticking in my craw. Watching the inept defense just let that Ravens RB run 83 yards for a td on the first play - sickening.

Hey Peeps,

I called directv to cancel my sunday ticket (for real) cos I didn't wanna pay $300+ for it. I was really polite. The rep asked if I enjoyed it last year. I told her I did but i couldn't afford it this year. Then she asked if I would still keep it if I only had to pay $29.99 for 6 months instead of $49.99. A $120 savings. This happened yesterday. Merry Christmas in July!

Nab

Thanks man, I called up too and got my Sunday Ticket lowered from $300 to $180!

Thats a steal. I've had the Sunday Ticket since 2003 and it's the best thing I ever did

Thanks man, I called up too and got my Sunday Ticket lowered from $300 to $180!

Thats a steal. I've had the Sunday Ticket since 2003 and it's the best thing I ever did

Yup, I got the same deal. I've done this three years in a row now with success. I actually have my wife call--not sure if it makes a difference but she does the whole "there's no frickin' way I'm paying $300 so my lazy husband can sit on the couch all Sundays and stick me with the kids!" (knowing full well that there is no way we are canceling).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down