PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quarterback U?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D

I'd agree with that article. Every QB we've had since 89 has ended up in the NFL.

Michigan Dave said:

I'd agree with that article. Every QB we've had since 89 has ended up in the NFL.
Sort of, if you include Drew Henson :D

Michigan Dave said:

Glad a Michigan guy is here so I can ask this question. Outside of Brady, I can't remember a recent UM QB who has made it big in the NFL? Why? It seems they all get a shot, Hensen, Griese, etc, but only Brady has really proven to be a top flight HOF-level QB. I wouldn't call Michigan "QB U", since very few pan out. What say you?

Please indicate what the article is about to a more specific degree. Some of us are too lazy to click on the link if it's not of interest - but manage to expend the energy required of complaining about it.

Jacky Roberts said:
Glad a Michigan guy is here so I can ask this question. Outside of Brady, I can't remember a recent UM QB who has made it big in the NFL? Why? It seems they all get a shot, Hensen, Griese, etc, but only Brady has really proven to be a top flight HOF-level QB. I wouldn't call Michigan "QB U", since very few pan out. What say you?

Very few pan out? Well, first, you have to pretty much discard Bo's QBs, since he had a much different idea of the role than the NFL. Jim Harbaugh was quite the exception for Bo. Since then, Grbac was a long-term player, and a serviceable starter, Todd Collins had a decent career and started for a year or so, Scott Dreisbach was giving Rich Gannon a run and was VERY promising before he broke his leg, Griese has had a good career (he was in a tough situation replacing Elway, but has played well), we all know about Brady, Henson is still learning, and I think he will be a very good QB when all is said and done, though he may need to leave Dallas to do so. John Navarre is on the Cardinals, and started a game in 2004, which is amazing since he was not even supposed to be more than a backup at Michigan, and he really lacks tangible QB skills.

QBU refers to the ability to develop the QBs and get them there. We do that better than any other college program right now. To have every QB to ever start a game over a 15 year span make the league is darn impressive, and when you throw Brady's credentials on top of that, well, it's the program to go to if you are a young QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes