PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quarterback situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
bump

brady getting injured....

Stop bumping month-old threads, you stupid sack of ****. The reason why it was so far down is because it was a stupid topic to begin with, and nobody really cared about it. Go troll somewhere else.

Stop bumping month-old threads, you stupid sack of ****. The reason why it was so far down is because it was a stupid topic to begin with, and nobody really cared about it. Go troll somewhere else.

Hey, now you just bumped it!!

Oh no, now I just did too!!!

Seriously, though, this thread is awful. "Gick", this is what you think of the week of the SB? Wow, pathetic. I feel for you.

Hey, now you just bumped it!!

Oh no, now I just did too!!!

Seriously, though, this thread is awful. "Gick", this is what you think of the week of the SB? Wow, pathetic. I feel for you.

this is what I think when we have a qb who will be 31 at training camp and is now developing injuries

who really loves the pats more: fans who want to live in la-la land, or fans who want what's best for the long-term success of the team?

Last edited:
this is what I think when we have a qb who will be 31 at training camp and is now developing injuries

who really loves the pats more: fans who want to live in la-la land, or fans who want what's best for the long-term success of the team?

I'd vote for C : the realistic fans that also enjoy this most-awesome present.

It's not like losing a step would really hurt Brady. He's already so damned slow. On the other hand, I can't imagine how aging would affect how he slides around in the pocket. And arm strength and accuracy is the second-to-last important thing that starts to fade in a QB. The last is the brain -- used to read the defense, audible, etc.

Aging will impact Brady far less than a guy like McNabb that relies on mobility to make plays.

I think we are stuck with this Brady guy for a while.

Even though I suspect Cassel will one day be a good QB in this league, for another team. Hopefully in the NFC.

way to live in denial

he'll be 31 next season

I don't think drafting someone soon to begin developing them would be a bad move
if the franchise become unable to move on when brady starts to decline, it will decline along with him

Way to not know wtf you are talking about. Joe Montana played until he was 38 or 39. Marino was how old when he retired? and he was still playing at a high level.

The Pats can wait another 2-3 years at the minimum. Also, since you missed it, the Pats HAVE been developing a couple of players. Their names are Matt Cassel and Matt Gutierrez. You might want to not be so obvious a bandwagon jumper next time.

yeah cassell and gutiterrez are going to carry on the dynasty

good one

You all talk like there have been a lot of Tom Bradys. He was a complete fluke and complete luck on the part of Pioli. You're obviously much more likely to get a good QB in the first couple rounds.

Listen. You don't know what you are talking about. Brady was NOT a complete FLUKE and complete LUCK on the part of Pioli. Brady was very thoroughly scouted by the Pats and they chose him at the suggestion of **** Rehbein, the former QB coach of the Pats.

How about you do us all a favor and go back to whatever hidey hole you came from?

All I'm saying is that he'll be 31 next season. Beginning to think about who will replace him is very reasonable.
I know BB values consistent greatness over a prolonged period of time; the team will not continue its dynasty if there's a huge dropoff as Brady ages.

Its NOT reasonable. That is what you don't get. Brady has 5 years before you need to TRULY think about replacing him. 5 years is a long time.

good one

Hey SFBs, how do you know they won't? You friggin Ms. Cleo now?

Cassel or Gutierrez are as likely to carry it on as Brady was to start it back in 2001.

OK I'm sorry, you guys are right.

Tom will be winning 2 superbowls per year in his late 30s, and the patriots will never need to replace him.

Sarcasm isn't your strong suit. Clearly using your brain isn't either.

No one is saying that TB won't need to be replaced, SFBs. We are saying that its going to be at least 5 years before the Pats start thinking about someone realistically.

good one

this was your only good post in this whole stupid thread.

You moronic sack of diarrhea.

This one was funny though.

Sarcasm isn't your strong suit. Clearly using your brain isn't either.

No one is saying that TB won't need to be replaced, SFBs. We are saying that its going to be at least 5 years before the Pats start thinking about someone realistically.

Agreed; if you were to draft brady's replacement this offseason (say wit h our #1 pick); that QB would sit on the bench for 8 to 10 years; and no matter how much talent he has, if you're sitting for 8 years, you're not going to be good when you start.

Barring catostrophic injury, we can probably wait until he's 36 before looking for our next starting qb. And in the mean-time, if something were to happen, we could pick up a reliable vet (like flutie or vinny)

OK, who's the idiot that gave this thread 2 stars :confused:

I'll go with: fans that do not take delight in the failures or obstacles of the team.

Brady has a mild high ankle sprain. He had one 6 years ago too. He has started 126 straight games.

You are thick in the head if you think the team needs to start thinking of drafting a QB to replace Brady.

Listen. You don't know what you are talking about. Brady was NOT a complete FLUKE and complete LUCK on the part of Pioli. Brady was very thoroughly scouted by the Pats and they chose him at the suggestion of **** Rehbein, the former QB coach of the Pats.

How about you do us all a favor and go back to whatever hidey hole you came from?

hysterical

look at the players they drafted ahead of him

hysterical

look at the players they drafted ahead of him

Is it that you need someone to tell you when to quit?

I'm basically the best madden player in franchise mode in the US

I'm pretty sure I know how to build a successful franchise

OK I'm sorry, you guys are right.

Tom will be winning 2 superbowls per year in his late 30s, and the patriots will never need to replace him.

Listen, Brady has a minimum of 5-6 years left before you even need to consider bringing in another QB. If you drafted a QB right now he would be a FA before Brady retires. That is why the thread is dumb, especially before the SB.

The beautiful thing about the Manning/Brady rivalry is that Peyton is sort of the older brother in the scenario. We get to watch him do everything 2 years before Brady does. Obvious this is no exact science, but it is clear the Colts are not too worried about Manning's replacement so I wouldn't be either.

And Manning couldn't find a weight room with a map. He will start to break down years before Brady's physical skills start to diminish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back