PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Q's on trading down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Just curious to hear some thoughts on our options on trading one of the first rounders down...What potential trading partners are out there? Which rounds would we target to get picks from in return? Would we try and get some 08 picks in the deal?...etc...

Just curious to hear some thoughts on our options on trading one of the first rounders down...What potential trading partners are out there? Which rounds would we target to get picks from in return? Would we try and get some 08 picks in the deal?...etc...

I think Detroit will be a trade down possibility. If they move down out of the number 2 overall spot, they'll add a good haul of picks and may look to move up from #34 to get somebody slipping at the end of the first. If they trade out of Brady Quinn, in fact, they may look at trading into the back of the first to get Drew Stanton - which would be a very popular pick amongst half the Lions' faithful.

I think Detroit will be a trade down possibility. If they move down out of the number 2 overall spot, they'll add a good haul of picks and may look to move up from #34 to get somebody slipping at the end of the first. If they trade out of Brady Quinn, in fact, they may look at trading into the back of the first to get Drew Stanton - which would be a very popular pick amongst half the Lions' faithful.

Of they want Stanton, they can wait until the 2nd round to get him, more than likely.

I think that the Lions are fielding offers for the 2nd round pick.
I think that its a smoke screen that the Browns are interested in Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell.

FYI, 3 teams have two 2nd rounders, TB, NJY, and MIA.

And on the value chart...

TB: 35 + 64 = 810
NYJ: 59 + 63 = 586
MIA: 40 + 60 = 800

24 = 740 & 28 = 660

Two second rounders might provide some good value in this draft, but I don't really see any of those working as potential trading partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down