PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QB rating stat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd respect you more if you had your facts correct:)
Did you or did you not name this thread "QB rating stat" not "passer rating stat"?

Apology accepted. Until then... suck it Miguel. (C'mon, how often can one say that? :) )

ESPN's made up stat is QB rating. They will not release the formula, saying it is proprietary.

Stat head question...What NFL Stat site is best for obscure stats...like completions over 10 yards, yds ball is in the air, etc?

Not sure why I am considered to have apologized for using the same terminology as NFL. com. Going forward I will specify the origin of my terms

It seems that every thread descends into the abyss of the worst offensive line eva and the worst receivers eva!!!!

It is almost as though it you say it over and over and over and over again it becomes fact, instead of opinion...

Rinse, Repeat, Rinse, Repeat...

Things will get better folks...

BTW Brady's rating for the first three weeks last year was 79.44!!! And Mankins was here then, he was sacked 7 times in the first three games.

It seems that every thread descends into the abyss of the worst offensive line eva and the worst receivers eva!!!!

It is almost as though it you say it over and over and over and over again it becomes fact, instead of opinion...

Rinse, Repeat, Rinse, Repeat...

Things will get better folks...

BTW Brady's rating for the first three weeks last year was 79.44!!! And Mankins was here then, he was sacked 7 times in the first three games.

Comparing this year to last year without context has been happening over and over and over and over again, too. Perhaps you could lead the way on stopping that foolishness.

The team comes into the building, lifts weights, watches film, has the coaches yell at them, runs and catches on the field ... and works to get better. The fans just yell.

F*** that sounds grueling. I'm sticking with the yelling.

Wait how much do I get for the coach-yelling and weight-lifting and film-watching?

Comparing this year to last year without context has been happening over and over and over and over again, too. Perhaps you could lead the way on stopping that foolishness.

What do you propose comparing it to next year?? FYI there is context here, 3 games vs. 3 games, not sure what other context you could compare it to..

If you remember last year the refrain at the early part of the season was essentially the same, however the focus seemed to be more on Brady not looking good...

Qb rating.... Passer rating....meh.
I think those stats are made up by people who want other people to read their articles and then argue about them. Much like we are doing here.
Call me a traditionalist. But I always just look at completion percentage, total yards, touchdowns andinterceptions. Then I draw my own conclusions.

I can't wait until they have the Fox Robots for real so they can control for receiver performance better and compare quarterbacks in a naturalistic study. Now that's a sport. :rolleyes:

Brady is ranked 25th out of 32 QBs per Football Outsiders. I do not recall ever seeing Brady that low in their standing before. Also, his completion percentage is under 60%. There have been times when Brady had a WR open with a clean pocket and the pass was off the mark.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

What do you propose comparing it to next year?? FYI there is context here, 3 games vs. 3 games, not sure what other context you could compare it to..

If you remember last year the refrain at the early part of the season was essentially the same, however the focus seemed to be more on Brady not looking good...
  1. That's not context
  2. I defended Brady last year, and most people understood that the receivers were the biggest problem

Brady is ranked 25th out of 32 QBs per Football Outsiders. I do not recall ever seeing Brady that low in their standing before. Also, his completion percentage is under 60%. There have been times when Brady had a WR open with a clean pocket and the pass was off the mark.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

1. The bolded part is true of every QB in football
  2. The bolded part doesn't mean that the QB is at fault.

Disagree

The receiver cant throw the ball and catch it as well.

If that's objective, I'm wondering what a Brady apologist would say. He's having a great season?

While Brady's QB passer rating of 82.9 is a decrease from his 2014 rating of 87.3,
the league's QB passer rating after 3 games is 90.6 - the highest in NFL history.

Couple of months ago I attempted to paste a very long but good article (about four pages!) from CowboysZone.com on Tony Romo's passing stats being right up there with active QBs that will be in the HoF or seriously considered for it. For all practical purposes, you could liken Romo with a similar QB on a higher level - Peyton.

The obvious question is why Brady wins more games than Peyton or Romo. My answer is the passing stats simply do not account for game changing situations and winning a game sometimes means you let passing stats take a hit.

I think it will be a matter of time when someone crunches the analytics and identifies what Brady does that wins games others don't win.

I think Brady's passer rating stat is just as skewed by the fact he's only thrown 3 TD passes this season.

I don't think there's anything wrong with "not counting" the worst game when talking about stats but not when the sample size is only 3 and therefore you're discounting 33% of the season to date.

As Brady goes, the Pats go. It's been that way since 2007. Leaky O-line, sub-par WR's, D that can't stop anybody, you name it, the team has still succeeded or failed largely on how Brady plays. TB12 has overcome mediocre talent around him any number of times, along with questionable play calling, nagging injuries, the loss of binkies like WW. Regardless, he has hauled the Pats to the heights over and over again.

Whatever is ailing the team right now it is Brady's responsibility to make things work, he's done it before many times, that's what has made him so great. It's the reason the Pats are 2-1, not 0-3. If you are about to say, "asking a 37 yr old QB to carry a team is too much," then essentially what you are saying is that TB12 isn't the player he used to be. I'm not buying that, not yet, because we seen this same act before from Brady and the Pats early in the season. But the bottom line is Brady needs to play better, it doesn't matter who's fault the failure's have been up to this point. Brady's greatness has been to figure out what needs to be done to win, the Pats need that from him tonight. And they need that more than any other factor on the team needs to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots