PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Qb 2 & qb 3???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSolderKing

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So we have 2 capable starting QB's in both Hoyer and Mallett.

Hoyer right now would net us a 2nd rounder.

Unbenounced to me I did not realize rookies could 2-7rounds could not sign 5yr deals. That is my fauxpas :eek::bricks::eek:

The point of this post is why do we carry 3 QB's this yr???

Arizona surely would give a 2 for Hoyer

Mallett would develop and we ship him off to x for a 1st rounder (does this logic sound right?)

Whiza has me quoted saying Hoyer='s 2nd round selection
:rocker::rocker::rocker:

y gamble on a rookie w/ a round 1 pick or a round 2 pick when you can get Hoyer straight up for a 2nd:)

Hoyer right now would net us a 2nd rounder?

I'll have what he's smoking :D

1.) Nobody has any idea whether Mallet is capable or not.

2.) If you don't have a link verifying the Cardinals' willingness to offer a 2nd round pick for Hoyer, you should probably stop pimping it with every post.

So we have 2 capable starting QB's in both Hoyer and Mallett.

Hoyer right now would net us a 2nd rounder.

Unbenounced to me I did not realize rookies could 2-7rounds could not sign 5yr deals. That is my fauxpas :eek::bricks::eek:

The point of this post is why do we carry 3 QB's this yr???

Arizona surely would give a 2 for Hoyer

Mallett would develop and we ship him off to x for a 1st rounder (does this logic sound right?)

Whiza has me quoted saying Hoyer='s 2nd round selection
:rocker::rocker::rocker:

y gamble on a rookie w/ a round 1 pick or a round 2 pick when you can get Hoyer straight up for a 2nd:)

Not to be a negative nelly, but we might want to wait until after Mallett attends his first practice - hopefully arriving on time - before we promote him to 2nd string.

But I agree with you, if the Cardinals truly are willing to give up the same thing we got for a proven NFL QB with an 11-5 record without Hoyer ever playing the majority of one game - let alone a season - I'd support consummating that deal as quickly as possible.

Hoyer has more value to New England than he does to any team in this league.

He does not have the arm strength on short throws.

I'm looking forward to the reports from Training Camp, the difference between a Hoyer 15 yard out and a Mallett 15 yard out is going to be huge.

Hoyer has more value to New England than he does to any team in this league.

He does not have the arm strength on short throws.

I'm looking forward to the reports from Training Camp, the difference between a Hoyer 15 yard out and a Mallett 15 yard out is going to be huge.

... assuming he an avoid the off field issues that caused him to drop to the third round in the first place - which is a pretty big assumption (not to mention the fact that some have declared him Brady's heir apparent before he's had his first practice.)

I think he'll behave, but that's the biggest question about him - not his football skills.

... assuming he an avoid the off field issues that caused him to drop to the third round in the first place - which is a pretty big assumption (not to mention the fact that some have declared him Brady's heir apparent before he's had his first practice.)

I think he'll behave, but that's the biggest question about him - not his football skills.

I think he'll behave too, at least through the first year. He's got to have been humbled by being drafted 3rd round, and that could also mean he's ready to buckle down and study hard to prove his detractors wrong.

Add to that the veterans in the locker room are likely to lay some serious leadership on him as to the "Patriot Way", and also Coach's no-nonsense way and he's probably going to do all right.

Mallett has completed as many NFL passes as I have. Let's not get too carried away just yet. We don't even know if he'll make the team or self-destruct.

I also think he needs to learn how to compete, fight for snaps with Hoyer, and not be gift-wrapped the primary back-up job.

I can't see us getting a 2nd for Hoyer. He was an undrafted free agent who's only thrown 42 career passes. Then again, I don't think Kolb is worth a 1st.

I can't see us getting a 2nd for Hoyer. He was an undrafted free agent who's only thrown 42 career passes. Then again, I don't think Kolb is worth a 1st.

I don't think EITHER is worth a second, let alone a first. I'm going to be in the minority, but I'd have Kolb as a 3rd, and Hoyer as a 4th--maybe even a 5th.

you give a 2nd for a kid that has been in an NFL system and was taught by Tom Brady.

Sure Cassel had his chance to thrive playing an entire season.:eek:

I hope hoyer does not get that opportunity. I want him to shine off the nench. I want him to have a stellar pre-season to get teams mad interested.

why wastea 2nd rounder on college chump x y or z?

I'd take hoyer QB needy teams will salivate over him watch:cool:

Last edited:
Lombardi thinks a I do. 1st w/ Hoyer 2nd w/ Mallett.

I was saying hoyer for a 2 to Whiza 2 days b4 draft:cool:

The Bleacher Report? Really??????
And that message board post equivalent doesnt even say what you want to say it does

Yes, I must admit I rank the Bleacher Report slightly ahead of "AndyJohnson message board poster." Sorry, just one man's opinion.

Last edited:
Yes, I must admit I rank the Bleacher Report slightly ahead of "AndyJohnson message board poster." Sorry, just one man's opinion.
Well, thats exactly what it is.
You can't use it as a legitmate media source.

Who in the hell is Hoyer.:confused:

she's an underage hottie...run and tell Sanchez ASAP

the pats got a 2th round pick for a 11 win QB who became a pro blow QB thats took KC to the playoffs and the pats threw in a starting OLB

i am a fan of Hoyers but i dont see the pats geting a 2th for him any time soon as far as Mallett goes every one wants to talk about how at one point he was the #2 or #3 ranked QB in this Draft but IMO none of the QB's in this Draft were all that good alot of them may have went hign in this Draft but i dont see any of them becomeing great

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes