Q&A with Kool Aid (Maroney)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=21489&pcid=41

I guess he wants to keep that nickname :

"Do you have a nickname? Kool-Aid. I don't like any of these new nicknames."

I like this one :)

"If you could make one of your teammates grow dreads, who would you select? That's funny. I would make Tom Brady grow them out."

Kool-Aid it is then!!
And that's a good one, cuz we all had to drink the Kool-aid when he was picked up in the draft, lol, but look at him now!

And really, it makes me wonder for real if players come here and read this stuff. Unless the players just happened upon that nickname too, like posters here and other places have. Weird.

Wow. He sounds like such a kid and makes me feel SO old.

OK, Koolaid it is but I have to say I just LOVE "Dillroney." And I agree, seeing Tommy with dreads would be fun.

Last edited:
I've never understood the obcession some fans here have for creating or tagging a player with a nickname of their choice. If they have one and they like it then "it is what it is".

Koolaid
Gotti

LoMo sounds like a great nickname for half wit who just runs. This kid is bright and savvy as the way he is managing his relationship with Dillon should clearly indicate. If I were replacing/following a kicking legend and folks started calling me The Ghost I would be seriously annoyed. ;)

Can anyone guess where Kool Aid comes from ? For the life of me I can't figure out how he'd get it - other than somethink like drinking gallons of it as a kid.

BelichickFan said:
Can anyone guess where Kool Aid comes from ? For the life of me I can't figure out how he'd get it - other than somethink like drinking gallons of it as a kid.

He had a Kool Aid stand when he was a kid. Remember, the article that came out right after the draft?

If the guy wants to be called Kool Aid, then that's what his nickname is. I'll send packets. I'll dress in the stands like the Kool Aid Man.

The Maroney has Spoken!

PATSNUTme said:
He had a Kool Aid stand when he was a kid. Remember, the article that came out right after the draft?

Ahhhh, well then that explains how they came across that nickname too then, I called him that a few times just because we always say "drink the kool-aid" when the FO does something we don't understand or agree with (like drafting a RB when you have CD and Manny Lawson is still on the board).

Brownfan80 said:
Ahhhh, well then that explains how they came across that nickname too then, I called him that a few times just because we always say "drink the kool-aid" when the FO does something we don't understand or agree with (like drafting a RB when you have CD and Manny Lawson is still on the board).

No, no, no, that's not the story behind his nickname at all.

Here's the real deal: When Maroney was in middle school, he was playing in front of his house with some buddies. Kids being kids, somehow a fire got started and was burning up the lawn. So, Maroney ran inside looking for something to put the fire out with and all he could find was the container of Kool-Aid. He came back out and splashed it all over the place and has been called that ever since.

Last edited:
Man, I am definitely looking forward to a couple of years with this kid in the backfield. He's great, brings something to the Pats that they haven't had. Personality.

Have you thought about the condition this team would be in without him? I think Dillon has a better year than last year if he takes every carry, but he's not durable enough to hold up for a 16-19 game season.

It does need to be said, though, that good run defenses will (and have) shut him down. Take Dillon out of that backfield and it's a huge hole. I hope they keep them both for a few years. Get Chad Jackson on track, milk another two good years out of Bruschi and we're looking good. I'm a little worried about the LB corps, I think they need to shop for some talent in the offseason at that position.

Check out this:

Bungee jump or sky dive? Sky dive. I wouldn't put my life in the hands of a bungee cord.

And he'd rather have his life depend on his parachute working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back