Welcome to PatsFans.com

Putting On My Moderator's Hat

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

There have been too many personal attacks, and there have been complaints. If we don't calm down a bit, and stop calling people all sorts of names and making wild accusations, we will have another period where threads are closed and posts are deleted. That's counterproductive. Please stick to the issues and stop calling each other names.
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I think you should just suspend Quigon. He escalates every discussion, is abrasive and combative, and a disruptive figure on this board.
  3. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I have sent Qui a PM to initiate a cooling of hostilities.

I await his reply and will endeavor to remain civil in all further discourse. ;)
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

Fine by me you #$$%% @$%$$.... :D
  5. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So veiled threats and "tell me when and where" is a civil discourse..? You got your reply but it may not have been what you were looking for.

I often get accused of rancor but fact is I dish out only about 15% of what gets thrown at me. I have taken the high road with several of the more hostile libbies in this group by PLONKing them. Of course, I don't get any credit for taking the high road but that's life...

That's why Pujo and Holy Diver and Press Coverage keep bashing me but don't get the pleasure of a reply. It's a group who's exclusive company you are now joining.

PLONK
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

That's funny, he's certainly very rough around the edges, but...

[​IMG]

Aren't you the one who started a thread last week that started off with:

Seriously, what do you neocon idiots want to do about the Middle East?

I think the attacks go both ways in here. Let's at least be fair about it.
  7. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This is a classic symptom of an egomaniac. Always the victim. :rolleyes:
  8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Give us a break... are you saying I don't get any insults thrown my way..? That I am the one who always resorts to rancor but the liberals in this group have never done anything but engage in calm, reasoned and rational debate...?

I said it before and I'll say it again... I dish out probably about only 15% of what gets thrown at me. Of course, if you believe the liberals in this forum, I am the only person here who has ever resorted to the occassional name calling or other such tactic.
  9. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ouch!
    That will leave a scar

Interesting interpretation of "the high road"

HMMMMMMMM:rofl:
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Isn't this thread turning into the very thing it was meant to stop?

Having to call people names on a messgeboard is silly.

having said that...PLONK this...and PLONK YOU!
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A study on escalating arguments in this forum

Maverick has just posted "I think you should just suspend Quigon. He escalates every discussion, is abrasive and combative, and a disruptive figure on this board." Now let's see if the facts bear out his claim..!! The following are posts from the big thread "Iran captures 15 British..." These are just the posts that involved him and I and presented in chronological order. They are edited to mostly include just the stuff that could be considered "abrasive and combative".

Mav: The timing of this is very suspicious ... This sounds like another 'Gulf of Tonkin' incident.

QG: Always nice to hear the Blame-America-First crowd..!! Although I guess in this case it would be Blame-UK-First...?

Mav: You're overthinking it. The US got the British to send sailors into Iranian territory

QG: Wow... that's amazing how the British Navy and British Marines are now taking their orders directly from the U.S. conspirators. :rolleyes:

Mav: Quigon, you're either extremely naive, or simply choose to be believe what is told to you without thinking for yourself. (Nope..!! No escalation there..!!)

QG: No, I just have a much more thorough understanding of how these things work. And I don't default to the Blame-America-First position you and other like you just natuarally default into ... Who's the naive one here...? Me or the guy who believes everything some nutjob conspiracy theorist spouts...?"

Mav: Do you honestly believe Iran went into Iraqi waters to capture 15 British sailors to provoke war? If you answer yes, you are probably part of the idiot 30% who STILL APPROVES of Bush. You are blind lemmings with unshakable conviction in the face of facts / reason / truth / history. (Nope..!! No escalation there..!!)

QG: But you believe everything Ahmad-jihad says though, right...?

Mav: Quigon, the more I talk to you, the more you come across as very simplistic. (Nope..!! No escalation there..!!)

QG: If you don't think Iran would have motives to do these sorts of things, then you're just too stupid to partake in this conversation.

Mav: Quigon, are you stupid enough to think that Iran wants to start a war with the UK and the US?

QG: No. Are you stupid enough to think that rattling the saber is the equivalent of starting a war?

Mav: This is the last time I will address you. You come across as extremely obtuse, you fit facts and events to fit your worldview, and you put words in other people's mouths. (Nope..!! No escalation there..!!)

QG: In otherwords, you're losing the debate... Calling this another "Gulf of Tonkin" incident quite clearly implies that it is a conspiracy. And to think you call me obtuse. :rolleyes:

Mav: I believe you are too obtuse to counter arguments, or to even understand what other people are saying, and that I am frankly tired and bored of listening to you give pointless smug lines that mean absolutely nothing. Based on your responses I can tell you see the world in a very simplistic, naive way. (Nope..!! No escalation there..!!)

If anyone thinks these posts have been unfairly edited, I would welcome another review. But I have to say that given the above, it sure doesn't seem like I am the guilty party here...
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Oh my ........
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

QuiGon has done nothing to deserve special censure, but some others have gone out of their way to personally attack QuiGon, sometimes very viciously.

//
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +659 / 2 / -9

God bless the little kind and caring gentle love bunny liberals, they weep, splutter and slobber about freedom, then they hit Ann Coulter in the face with Pies, they call Limbaugh a fat Pill Popping scumbag, they say Fox News should be banned, they want Sean Hannity to die and there hasn't been a filthy name invented that they haven't called their President.

Here are a few of the names the gentle, compassionate, understanding, politically correct, decent, fair minded, kootchy kootchy coo liberals have called the President Of The United States.
    Creep
    Chimp
    Maggot
    Dirt Bag
    Scum Bag
    Coward
    Drunk
    Pig
    Bastard
    Sh!t Head
    Killer
    Murdering Bastard
    Nazi
    Isn't it strange how the Liberal Democrat will never say anything bad about a Muslim, not even Saddam or Bin Laden :confused:
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Auntie Pelosi...al 'boob' gore.....do I need to keep going?

come on Harry?
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Who fired the first shot??

//
  17. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think it was that Serbian in 1918...killed some royal something or other. :D
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

thats the $64,000 question! Ha!

I think its all good when we call a politician a name. I understand that at times its probably the best way to get ones emotions across to the reader. I, for one, ENJOY Harry's little names. They are quite funny.

I believe the point of Patters' post was namecalling to one another. It really makes no sense. We are all very aware of what Liberals and Conservatives think of one another. Its pointless.
  19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

It's not a personal attack to call a political figure names. It is a personal attack to call a member of the forum names. Harry Boy calls liberal icons every name in the book, but to his credit he never insults members of the forum. QuiGon is the least civil in this forum, in my opinion, and has been given warnings that he has chosen to post and taunt with. He's a special case. We've had cases like him before (liberal, moderate, and conservative). They are no longer participants in the forum, and are not missed.
  20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's a load of bullcrap but you're just too biased to see it. It's actually gotten to the point where I am being publicly threatened, but you would never call out a fellow liberal for such a thing. No no... instead it's "QuiGon is the least civil in this forum".

I shall repeat myself once more: I dish out only about 15% of the insults I take. I can only imagine what people I've PLONKED are saying about me... I get to see their posts second hand every once in a while so I know those insults are out there.

I challenge you to read my "escalation analysis" posted above (you know, the post you moved to this thread) and tell me who was the more agressive in "escalating". I look forward to your response.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2007