PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Putting it all together......from one perspective

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just a few draft day thoughts after listening to all kinds of opinions.

I see this draft as being about 3 positions. DT, OG, and CB. It is also about who will be there when its your turn to draft and picking from the bottom is never a good things. So here is how I'm looking at it. Players who we want and MIGHT be there. Players who we want and COULD be there. AND players who will be there but be risks

For example lets take the DT position

1. Goldman - as someone who might be there at the end of the first round
2. Grady Jarrett as someone who might be there at the end of the 2nd
3, Marcus Hardison - Someone who might be there at the end of the 3rd or 4th

CB's

1. Marcus Peters - a fading possibility with every day at the end
2 Eric Row/Jalen Collins, QRollins, if any last to the bottom of the 2nd
3. The Oregon kid who got hurt after the 5th
4. outside the box - Tony Lippett - the 6'3 WR as a position conversion in the last 2 rounds up to as early as the end of the 4th

OG's

1. AJ Cann - at the top
2. Ali Marpet -2nd to 3rd as a project
3 Joshua Matias - FL ST connection after the 4th

Because I don't know who the Pats like the best, all I can ask is that the Pats grab at least one from each list, and then and take 5 players from those 3 positions, and then with the other 4 picks take appropriate players at other positions like RB

Just a few draft day thoughts after listening to all kinds of opinions.

I see this draft as being about 3 positions. DT, OG, and CB. It is also about who will be there when its your turn to draft and picking from the bottom is never a good things. So here is how I'm looking at it. Players who we want and MIGHT be there. Players who we want and COULD be there. AND players who will be there but be risks

For example lets take the DT position

1. Goldman - as someone who might be there at the end of the first round
2. Grady Jarrett as someone who might be there at the end of the 2nd
3, Marcus Hardison - Someone who might be there at the end of the 3rd or 4th

CB's

1. Marcus Peters - a fading possibility with every day at the end
2 Eric Row/Jalen Collins, QRollins, if any last to the bottom of the 2nd
3. The Oregon kid who got hurt after the 5th
4. outside the box - Tony Lippett - the 6'3 WR as a position conversion in the last 2 rounds up to as early as the end of the 4th

OG's

1. AJ Cann - at the top
2. Ali Marpet -2nd to 3rd as a project
3 Joshua Matias - FL ST connection after the 4th

Because I don't know who the Pats like the best, all I can ask is that the Pats grab at least one from each list, and then and take 5 players from those 3 positions, and then with the other 4 picks take appropriate players at other positions like RB

I see us needing to use our 96 to move up from 64 in range to draft a corner (Rowe) or a DT (Jarrett).

In addition to Cann, I see lots more starting OG's potentially available between 32 and 45.

I see us needing to use our 96 to move up from 64 in range to draft a corner (Rowe) or a DT (Jarrett).

In addition to Cann, I see lots more starting OG's potentially available between 32 and 45.
Yeah, I'd be good dealing any of the 6ths, 7ths and one of the 3 around 100 to move up if I thought I could move up in the 2nd to get certain people.

For example if Goldman and Phillips are gone, I'd gladly trade back to the late 30's and pick up another 3rd. Then from THAT position I'd be able to do a lot of things like pick my OG with my first pick, then move up from the bottom of the second to grab Grady Jarrett and get a more outside the box DT with some good explosiveness and work it that way. Or perhaps get Jarrett with the late 30's pick and move up, if you thought you needed to pick up Marpet at 55 using one of the 3rds. Then you'd still have those 3 picks around a 100 to move to get your CB.

So many possibilities its getting hard to keep track of the possibilities

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back