Welcome to PatsFans.com

Put down the bong and vote for Obama.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by atomdomb, Jun 16, 2008.

1. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +609 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Obama has them all jumping for joy ... every wacko hiding in a closet and behind a tree will come out and vote for B(Che)O
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

I'm going to proudly vote for Barak Obama.

He's the best man for the job of leading this nation.

I'm actually very excited about it. I love the way this nation is changing and I'm happy to do my part.
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Like the song say's, just put down the bong first.

Our country is is FUKCING doomed. (and I don't mean just cuz of Obama either).
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +361 / 1 / -9

Good dig--------:singing::singing::singing:
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

You are a smart SOB Harry...no pulling one by you! I mean that sincerely, you surprise the poop out of me sometimes! And it's not cause you're an "elder" either.

which brings up another point...why doesn't America value our elders like some societies? We place so much emphasis on "the children" and rightfully so, but what about those who got us to this point? I do believe wisdom can only be gained through experience. There are no exceptions to that rule. So even though I "thought" I had much wisdom to offer in my 20's, today I know I was full of...poop!;)

That is why I believe if we are to call America the most advanced culture, we damn well better make sure our "elders" don't have to struggle at the most difficult time in their lives.

I think Barak will help us with this.

Funny thing is, you probably don't agree!:D
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +361 / 1 / -9

I do agree, I won't vote for him but if he gets in I'll back him unless he goes completely nuts, I voted for Bush (twice) I backed him, now it is time for him to go I wouldn't vote for him again, Bush had it made right after 9/11, he was even a hero on the North Pole then he blew it, he has nobody to blame but himself.
    If Prince Baracko goes to "far left" and starts getting dangerous the country will handle him, in the past we have always "bounced back".

We have to keep those god-damned movie stars out of the Lincoln Bedroom and make sure Auntie Pelosi keeps her teeth shiny (I don't call Uncle Teddy dirty names anymore)

I hope the Prince stays away from Uncle Jeremiah, Father Philgger and that damn Church.

Whatever will be will be
    The futures not ours to see (Doris Day)

:bricks:
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Que sera, sera...not sure how it's spelled:p

It's wierd how songs like that stay in our minds forever. shows you the power of television I guess and it kinda scares me.

Who over 40 doesn't know the jingles to Gilligans Island or the Beverly Hillbillies?

Our world is too complicated to get all wrapped up in all the negativity. There's just as much good that goes on every day as bad, unfortunately the news seems to only report the bad stuff.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Like others here, I'd have to be smoking something from a bong to vote for him. This concept does explain a lot.
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

I haven't had a "toot" in 20 years, but it still smells good when I get a whiff:p
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

You must have some lingering effects from all those years ago ;) Me, I've never smoked as much as a cigarette in my 41 years. I do enjoy some beers but that's as far as I'm interested in going.
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

That's a pretty healthy attitude toward it. I learned the hard way but I have abstained from all buzz substances now for 19+ years and I love it!

To your kidding point, I probably do have lingering effects still. I just don't know which aspects of my wierdness I can attribute to it.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +361 / 1 / -9

I tried some Pot a few years ago it didn't do a damn thing for me except made me eat some peanut butter with my fingers and laugh my a$s off at the weather report, I was a week end drinker all my life, some of the best times I have ever had was on those friday to sunday "booze partys" singing, yelling, chinese food and surrounded by good looking women waiting on us,

Haven't had a cigarette since Halloween 1970, when one of todays young "world changers" says to me, "we don't want to do anything you old bastards did" I tell them "well, you better throw your cigarettes away because we used to eat them" at a house party you could always hear somebody shouting "open a damn window" we had Ash Trays in the Doctors Office.

:bricks:
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Wierdness is good and normal. Attribute all of it to your nature. Before I found pot at 15, I was a wierd kid anyways. Always the first to jupm into something. I was the one who tested the ice and jumped off of high places, things like that. No fear, I guess. When I was tokin, I found myself to be totally NOT wierd. In fact, I was sedate and went along with other peole's ideas. When I quit I became wierd beyond belief again. I routinely embarrass my kids for fun but I do fun stuff with them all the time - more than most parents, I think. People I work with, friends and family, find it relaxing to be around someone who is wierd but works his tail off. I have found that all good and honest people are looking for is dependability, loyalty, and consistency, no matter how wierd, stoned, or straight you are.

That being said, I think a lot of uptight jerks could use a few tokes before they have a stroke. Some people are fine without it, like BF. That's cool too.
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think there are a lot of people who used too much of too many things in the past, and it altered their DNA.
  16. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I'm going on vacation in a few days and I'll be sure to take a few puffs for all of you. Nothing like mellowing out at the pool or the links with a little buzz. I might even increase my alcohol intake to two a day.
    In regards to the link. A band at some park plays a bong song and somehow its a reflection on Obama voters. Does that mean McCain will bomb Iran (bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran). Do you think there's a few Vietnam vets out there smoking pot that will vote for McCain? Do you think McCain took a few tokes in nam. I wouldn't blame him nor would I hold it against him.
  17. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

put Down The Ar-15 And Vote For Mccain
  18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

How's a guy who's never run anything, and only votes present, the best man for the job? I love how people see this election cycles Coke & Pepsi, and think one or the other is actually great for the country. I don't know what's more depressing, the two choices remaining, or the general publics attitude toward them. I personally see two people with ZERO executive experience, no specific ideology, a thin record, a non existent record, inferior qualifications... I see two guys who really shouldn't be president.
  19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

You'll have to surrender that AR-15 if you vote for Obama. :D

Teasing pal.
  20. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yeah. I really don't understand the conception that either (especially Obama) are "different" or political outsiders. Obama I think is the most savvy politician in years. He's definitely playing up to what people want, as any politician would. The idea that's he's different from "business as usual," or whatever catchphrase he's using this week, is falicious. He's definitely a career poltician, as is McCain.