PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pure speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don_the_patfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
This is mostly for the people that are not happy with the Welker offer. What would you say if the deal was:

6 years 18 mil with a poison pill for 20 mil on the seventh year, it states that if welker plays 5 games for miami this year that seventh year is guaranteed, sort of like what minnesota did with hutchinson last year. remember welker is a rfa so miami can match the offer

P.S. I got this from another forum but since we have no numbers right now I thought it would be a good discussion.

Why waste the brain cells? I'll wait till it's offically stated.

The numbers would make more sense for Welker if true. 3M a year goes down a bit easier.

As far as the poison pill, initially I was against it, but another poster pointed out to me that the league has screwed the Pats over the last 2 playoff seasons with crappy calls, and he was right! So now, I'm all for it. What is the league going to do, send us to China and have us play the Colts after their bye week...?

Still don't like loosing the 2nd, but that has been discussed all day yesterday in a couple of threads.

The numbers would make more sense for Welker if true. 3M a year goes down a bit easier.

As far as the poison pill, initially I was against it, but another poster pointed out to me that the league has screwed the Pats over the last 2 playoff seasons with crappy calls, and he was right! So now, I'm all for it. What is the league going to do, send us to China and have us play the Colts after their bye week...?

Still don't like loosing the 2nd, but that has been discussed all day yesterday in a couple of threads.

Am I that poster?lol

I agree on the Pats getting shafted, this is a competitive business, if there is an edge you can take to be better than everyone else you need to do it. merriman got away with roids.

The offer must be something in that territory, although I'd be willing to bet that it's less than 3 million a year. There's no way the "real" contract is in the 30+ million range as reported.

Ghost, this is the most likely scenerio. Welker at 3-3.5MM/year is about what this deal with work out to over the first 4 years in actual money and cap consequence, IMO. Its probably about $500,000 too high/year, but about right in the inflated current market.

Pat's have been on the receiving end of poison pill contracts (Curtis Martin), good to see they are prescribing the medication and not taking it now.

Sometimes the only way to beat a dirty fighter is to fight dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots