PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pure Speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsbacker

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Seattle is only carrying 5 WR's on its roster...could this mean they're looking to add Branch....god I hope so!

and how many are we carrying without Branch?

Caldwell
Gabriel
Jackson
Brown
Childress

are we looking to add another? If so and we get another from Seattle, then were both likely at 5 receivers at piece by trading Branch.

5 WRs is normal

I think we'll carry 6 and add one after Branch is traded.

Patsbacker said:
I think we'll carry 6 and add one after Branch is traded.

I disagree. The 6th WR for the Pats has been Bethel. He never made any real contribution to the offense, as he returning kicks all the time.

Willie Andrews is essentially the Pats' 6th WR.

pats1 said:
I disagree. The 6th WR for the Pats has been Bethel. He never made any real contribution to the offense, as he returning kicks all the time.

Willie Andrews is essentially the Pats' 6th WR.
Then we're carrying six WRs Mr. Fussy. :D

remix: I don't know what the fascination is with swapping WRs with Seattle, or even why Seattle would want to give up a known commodity for the 'shameless one.' If they are interested, a draft pick made more sense, especially now that Gabrial has blown his horn.

P-backr: Like ourselves, Seattle has a tailend charlie awaiting the knife if a better prospect can be brought onboard, they can get by with 5 WRs, same as the Pats can - even if Seattle doesn't pony up for Deion, I expect he'll get traded this month as teams start adjusting their rosters after the first couple games toll. Folks already know what he will cost them - 'win now' teams like Seattle, Philly, Pittsburgh, Denver, San Diego, even Minnesota, could be back on BB's doorstep really quickly with one injury or a really bad game.

Box_O_Rocks said:
.... even if Seattle doesn't pony up for Deion, I expect he'll get traded this month as teams start adjusting their rosters after the first couple games toll. Folks already know what he will cost them - 'win now' teams like Seattle, Philly, Pittsburgh, Denver, San Diego, even Minnesota, could be back on BB's doorstep really quickly with one injury or a really bad game.

Humpfh! Wish i'd thought of that.
Pats ARE in a good bargaining spot, aren't we ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes