PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Punter Scott Player the punter to sign on

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROTFLMAO.

But here's a serious question: didn't you have to be playing with a single bar helmet when it was still used commonly to be able wear it now? Could've sworn I read/heard that around the time the Pats played the Browns last year. On the heels of that question, 'cause I'm kinda short on time right now and thus can't look it up, when was the single bar helmet phased out in favor the current facemask? Does that make this dude pretty old?

I remember an article when Player retired(?), lamenting that he was the last player to be able to grandfather in the single bar helmet...

Browns had awful coverage units last year. All the talent was starting on offense with that team. I wouldn't pay too much attention to last year's net.

In fact, considered he spent most of his career with Arizona, I wouldn't pay too much attention to most of his statistics. He has an obscene amount of TDs (10) and a high number of blocks as well (7). Both are about twice what you'd expect to see in a punter with his number of attempts (727) and years in the league.

That tells me he's been working with bottom-of-the-barrel talent on special teams. Either that or he's the Herman Edwards of punters.

Sorry, a 38 year old punter doesn't deserve 5 stars, even if he looks like the hulkster.

I think this is a move by BB to simply provide competition in training camp for Hanson as mentioned earlier. The better guy will win the job. Simple as that. I wonder if BB wants to bring in a kicker as well to push Gostkowski? I do like Player's style though I still think Hanson will win the job.

COOL!

We have Hulk Hogan coming over...

He was pretty good imo.

maybe it'll help with some of our popularity

whatcha gonna do, when patriotmania, and the greatest team in the world, run wild on you.....brother!

Josh Miller. Paging Josh Miller.

Why did we get rid of Miller? He was the only good punter we've had in like 10 years.

Next years punter will hopefully be Mike Dragosavich.

Why did we get rid of Miller? He was the only good punter we've had in like 10 years.

He had a shoulder problem that was causing issues with how he droped the ball and was messing up is kicking motion.

Next years punter will hopefully be Mike Dragosavich.

Given how big the Pats' names appear on their jerseys, I'd be afraid that the "D" or the "H" might fall off.

But at least Dragosavich's used to not punting all that much. :) [Seriously--IIRC, he just didn't have enough punt attempts to be ranked some seasons.]

Good thing was have Quaterback Tom Brady the quaterback and Wide Receiver Randy Moss the wide receiver on our team. It'll make Punter Scott Player the punter and Coach Bill Belichick the coach's job easier. :D

good thing Tom Brady is the best punter on the team.

He had a shoulder problem that was causing issues with how he droped the ball and was messing up is kicking motion.

Miller played a few games for the Titans last year, before he was released in mid-October. He's only 7 months younger than Player, but I think that chapter in Pats punting history is closed. He was Pro Bowl-caliber in 2005; too bad his shoulder got messed-up in 2006.

As for current events, I think it's an excellent idea to bring some TC competition for Hanson, who was mediocre at best, and terrible in the SB, last season. If we had some late-round comp picks to spare, I would have used one on Dragosavich or Durant Brooks.

Yes we have Scott Player!!!!

I can't wait to buy my Scott Player jersey.

I can only pray that they don't sell out before i scrape together the 75 dollars.

Yes we have Scott Player!!!!

I can't wait to buy my Scott Player jersey.

I can only pray that they don't sell out before i scrape together the 75 dollars.

You just want to walk around town with the word "PLAYER" on your back. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back