PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Punter Scott Player the punter to sign on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would kick the 3 or 4 punts they might have to make this season for free.

Scott_Player_Mustache___for_blog.png

:rocker:

That's nice, but don't you mean,

"Punter Scott Player the player who is a punter to sign on"

L...m...a...o

when he came to the Browns' rescue last year, he had a fairly decent punt average, but his net was horrible - sign of a poor punt coverage team?

when he came to the Browns' rescue last year, he had a fairly decent punt average, but his net was horrible - sign of a poor punt coverage team?

I think it could be one of two things - which can't necessarily be found from stats (unless someone knows how to pull more data/analyze differently).

1. poor coverage as you stated
or
2. short hang-time / line drive kicking

if it is #2; that doesn't bode well for him. My impression is BB has been valueing consistent hang time and punt placement over distance. So he has kept punters that the fan-base hasn't 100% supported.

we'll see.

A Punter to be drafted in round 6 or 7 - Hulk Hogan back on the streets

A Punter to be drafted in round 6 or 7 - Hulk Hogan back on the streets

I'm not so sure a 6 or 7 would beat out Hanson or Player so why waste the pick. I would pick a UDFA up, but if you want a starting punter you should draft one in the mid rounds.

get an afl kicker

He wears the one bar mask? SIGN HIM NOW.

ROTFLMAO.

But here's a serious question: didn't you have to be playing with a single bar helmet when it was still used commonly to be able wear it now? Could've sworn I read/heard that around the time the Pats played the Browns last year. On the heels of that question, 'cause I'm kinda short on time right now and thus can't look it up, when was the single bar helmet phased out in favor the current facemask? Does that make this dude pretty old?

I don't really care, he looks like an old school style player. Hopefully he gives Hanson some competition in camp and maybe wins the job.

ROTFLMAO.

But here's a serious question: didn't you have to be playing with a single bar helmet when it was still used commonly to be able wear it now? Could've sworn I read/heard that around the time the Pats played the Browns last year. On the heels of that question, 'cause I'm kinda short on time right now and thus can't look it up, when was the single bar helmet phased out in favor the current facemask? Does that make this dude pretty old?

38, according to Reiss' article.

He was VERY good a few years ago.

Dunno if he still has it though.

Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye