Welcome to PatsFans.com

Puns vs. stereotypes w/re: Elizabeth Warren and Native Americans

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Boston Boxer, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

Of course you have to edit it.. it is the right way.
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +225 / 8 / -13

She didn't give permission to publish it, she did however make a specific request which I will honor, Patters has the email exchange, since we anticipated reactions like yours.
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

1) The accusation of bias/racial stereotyping was not really a discussion about Elizabeth Warren - it was a condemnation of the language used to protray Native Americans.

2) The group "Cherokees Demand Truth" is an anti-Warren group composed of self-described members of the Cherokee Nation who began an online effort critical of Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren's controversial claims of Native American heritage. Their main organizer is a woman named Twila Barnes, an amateur Cherokee genealogist in Missouri, who, so far as I can tell, is not connected with the actual Cherokee Nation and is NOT a spokesperson for the Cherokee Nation.

As such, their opinion has the potential to be skewed in favor of their only agenda - which is discrediting Elizabeth Warren.

Cherokee Nation Members Start Online Effort Against Elizabeth Warren | TechPresident
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

I would like to see more Cherokee Indians on TV Commercials along with all of the other people that the Phony Diversity Loons hire.

I would like to see more Cherokee Indians running around on the goofy Liberal Message Sending Left Wing Ass Hole SIT COMS with all of the other minoritys.

I would like to see a Chinese Fireman, good god there must be one somewhere out there, why is this Hidden Racism allowed to continue in this day and age?

Why don't we see more Pawnee Indians working for Wal Mart?
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

Re: Rules of the Political Forum

I wish Americans would lighten up and be ok with poking fun at anyone. We're becoming hyper-sensitive and the "RACISM" cry is used far too often even on this board.

I'm gonna change my screen name to Don Rickles!!!:D

Now THERE'S a guy who understands how things really are....got it all you "hockey pucks & honkies"?
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Why are many New England gold courses named after Indian tribes?
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +225 / 8 / -13

Rather than focusing on what white liberal people think of this issue and who might be offended, you might want to see the thread where I asked a spokesperson the reaction to the threads here about Warren and the charges of racism and insulting language by white liberals.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Tonto used to say "Gettum Up Scout" for you sit com watchers "Scout" was his horse.

The NAACP should get rid of it's Racist Name.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Good work 13, job well done.

God Willing common sense will prevail.

The thing that "Irks" the liberal do-gooders is the American Indians don't want a f-cking thing to do with them.
  10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

Because if you lose your ball, you never get it back?:D:p
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

When The Red Fox Barks At The Moon Somewhere In The Forest An Indian Maid Has Been Bitten On The Thigh By A Rabbit.
  12. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 7 / -9

Annnnnd the thread devolves into a good old-fashioned bunch of middle-aged guys having a ball with racist witticisms (combined with cries of "anybody calling bullsh1t is the real racist")

The Native American stereotyping is derogatory, even by the lights of a group specifically formed to bash Warren.

13, why aren't you issuing an infraction and apologizing for going along with the racist language? You e-mailed, they told you it's racism, then they said "ultimately it's Liz Warren's fault that your friends are racist."

Okay fine, but our rules don't say "No stereotyping unless Liz Warren drove you to it."

Do your job.

PFnV
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 11 / -27

Interesting that the right wants to worry and defend the Cherokees from racist attacks, by using racist attacks.. that is a real head scratcher.

And the moderator who is supposed to be moderating is sanctioning the racist/misogynist attacks..
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +225 / 8 / -13

She holds Warren accountable because of lies and understand where the people challenging Warren are coming from. She finds the defenders of Warren like you:

"The fact that people would believe her after she used Cherokee's as a "stepping stone" was "HIGHLY insulting as if we and our feelings really don't matter".

Why do yo choose the ignore the feeling of the Cherokee people and continue to insult them?

Why do you favor a lying White politician over the People she is demeaning through her actions?
  15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +554 / 7 / -9

...and advised you that you're only permitted to print her letter verbatim in controlled bursts, of course... :rolleyes:

Why don't you just put the entirety of the letter here, O selective outrage-ee?
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +225 / 8 / -13

I am awaiting permission.

Are you ready to repudiate Warren for trying to steal the Cherokee heritage for her personal gain?

Or do you not care about their feelings on thsi matter and support Warren?
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I have a question, 13.

Don't you find that when you ask a question of a group with an agenda that their answer is going to fit their agenda?

In other words, why did you address your question to a group who you knew already agreed with you unless you were afraid that an unbiased group might give you a different answer?

If I asked the same question of a group who called themselves "Native Americans for Elizabeth Warren," and that group had been formed for the sole purpose of supporting Elizabeth Warren, would you accept their answer?

Of course a group whose sole purpose in being formed was to discredit Elizabeth Warren is going to discredit Elizabeth Warren....did you expect any different answer when you chose them, of all groups, to write to?

I understand that you don't want to reproduce the letter from this group without their permission....but what about the letter you wrote to them? Everything you are telling us about their answer seems to be concentrated on their opinion of Warren and not so much on the language used to portray Warren speaking as an Indian. Our specific complaint had nothing to do with Warren and everything to do with the terms used - did you ask, point blank, if those terms were offensive?

I'd like to see your letter to them, actually. If you aren't asking the right questions the answers aren't going to make a darn bit of difference.
  18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +372 / 3 / -15

Keep ACTING appalled all you <<##(#)%_$>>'s!!
  19. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Fug you ... I may be << and ## and _ and $ ... but I am not %.

that is very prejudice to call me % .... :rofl: I am reporting ... :yeeha:
  20. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +554 / 7 / -9

When did moderating a board become the home version of "Let's Make a Deal"?

I care about her feelings, your feelings, Wolfie's feelings, and the feelings of every right-winger in this country, as well as the feelings of all the left-wingers, of course.

But you and your actions (and inactions) are the subject here.

You don't get to say "I'll do my job when you agree with my politics."

PFnV
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.