PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Punishment Forthcoming from Matt Light v. Channing Crowder fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're looking at least a one game suspension for #72. Possibly even 2 games with how blatant & visible it was.

If Light gets suspended for defending himself, than I will join the many who claim a certain unfairness when it comes to our team. Last week, we saw the piece on individuals for the league office celebrating with the Jets, so I'd come around and agree with the conspiracy folks. It might be a suspension for the originator (Crowder), and a fine for the person defending himself (Light). We'll know soon.

The way Crowder was running off and laughing you can tell the kid is a total punk b*tch and obviously did something to deserve it. He was excited that he had successfully gotten Light into a fight.

And I got to hand it to Light. If you're going to get in a fight, grabbing Crowder's hair and using it to beat him is a pretty efficient way to go.

Of all people I don't expect you to be objectionable but was Matt Light taking 3 swings at Crowder's head with his right hand while holding him by a dread with the other not clear as day in your red, blue & gray colored glasses?

Of course what ML did was blatant, just as Crowder diving at his knees was blatant and Crowder throwing a two fisted punch at him as the play was ending was just as blatant. No excuse for ML losing his cool, but Crowder is just as guilty if not more so.

Once the fight is on, you do what you have to do to win, fighting fair is for the ring, not real life.

Last edited:
The way Crowder was running off and laughing you can tell the kid is a total punk b*tch and obviously did something to deserve it. He was excited that he had successfully gotten Light into a fight.

And I got to hand it to Light. If you're going to get in a fight, grabbing Crowder's hair and using it to beat him is a pretty efficient way to go.

Well said! I watched (as I'm sure many of you did) every play of the game. I noticed long before the fight, how Crowder, on tackles tried to drive the player into the ground. If you have TIVO, watch, and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's not enough to make the tacke, lets see if I can injure the player. Crowder is a punk. I'm sure Punk of the Decade, Joey Porter, rubs off on him, but my guess is he was a punk before the mouth came to town.

When he charged at Light, I was so hoping Light would protect himself with a few haymakers, and was glad that he did. Punks like Crowder are usually cowards, and we all saw him run away, with that coward smile on his face.

If Light gets suspended for defending himself, I'm going to be pi$$ed.

If Light gets suspended for defending himself, I'm going to be pi$$ed.

Anyone can tell from that exchange (most notably Crodwer's laughing) that Light was reacting to something and was provoked. The fact that Crowder took glee in provoking the fight should earn him some discipline from the commish. Unfortunately, the fact that Light took the bait will also earn him some penalty of his own.

I haven't seen this posted but on the play before the fight play Crowder came up to Cassel was was extended in the pile and kneed him in the helmet. It wasn't super hard but hard enough to enrage your average offensive lineman protecting his quaterback. I remember when I saw it I was half expecting one of the linemen to go after Crowder right then. Anybody else see this ?

i did not see that...he kneed cassel? on the exact previous play?

On WEEI earlier, they talked to Wilfork about it. He said Matt told him the stuff that Chowder was saying and Vince was surprised Matt didn't go after him sooner. Apparently the normal mouthing off was getting personal. Like Vince said, the mouthing off is all in good fun and a part of the game but there is a line you don't cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back