Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pujo's "illegal immigration is exaggerrated" by RW thread cuz he's a bottom line....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 6 / -2

...kind of guy. :p

I still luv ya Puj! :D
  2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Re: Pujo's "illegal immigration is exaggerrated" by RW thread cuz he's a bottom line.

Is there a topic here?
  3. Real World

Ratings:
    +518 / 6 / -2

Re: Pujo's "illegal immigration is exaggerrated" by RW thread cuz he's a bottom line.

Illegal immigration, among other things, is severely destroying this country. ;)

Oh, and I still luv ya Puj! :D
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm sure you can dig through my other posts if you want to find where I stand on illegal immigration, I don't plan to rehash it. All I was saying in the other thread (the one you didn't want hijacked) is that illegal immigrants don't get taxpayer-funded benefits that aren't available to Americans, which is something the right likes to push a lot since it makes the situation seem more outrageous than it is.
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +518 / 6 / -2

Again, illegals do not pay for medical services. Go to any hospital's ER, and take a look for yourself. I pay $450.77 a month for my BCBS coverage. My barber was told to sell his house to cover the $115,000 emergency quad bypass surgery he had last year. How about an anchor baby? Who pays for that? They don't, I do.
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't know what you're talking about, but we ain't talking about the same thing.

You have the exact same abiliity to not pay for medical services that an illegal immigrant has. You will receive exactly the same care that they will, which is whatever services hospitals provide in their ER. They don't get anything extra by virtue of being illegal.
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +518 / 6 / -2

Tax-payer funded benefits. This is my money going to people who should not be here. I know though, "you don't care if my money pays for them". ;)

U.S. to pay medical bills for illegal immigrants

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 Posted: 9:59 AM EDT (1359 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Health care providers can charge the government for emergency care provided to illegal aliens beginning Tuesday.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued final guidance Monday that sets up a system for reimbursement. Lawmakers set aside $1 billion over four years for the program, created by Medicare legislation passed in 2003.

For hospitals in border states, the additional money can mean the difference between running a profitable business or an unprofitable one, said Don May, vice president of policy for the American Hospital Association.

"I don't know if it will completely change their financial picture, but for those hospitals on the border, this is going to make a difference in ensuring they are there to treat the patients, not just the undocumented ones, but all the patients living in those communities," May said.

Two-thirds of the money will be distributed to health care providers based on a state's percentage of undocumented aliens. The remaining third will go to providers in the six states with the largest number of arrests of undocumented aliens.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/10/heallth.illegal.ap/
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's a nice post and all, but my point stands: you have the exact same services available to you as an illegal immigrant. I was saying no more and no less, and I'm not going to get into a whole thing about illegal immigration again. I'm just not going to let someone be dishonest and say that there are entitlements available for illegals that aren't available for citizens.
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +518 / 6 / -2

What is that supposed to mean? That I can fukc people over the same way that illegals can? I see your point now yeah. :rolleyes:
  10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't you see how fair it is..?!? Both you and the illegal immigrant get the exact same service, which is perfectly fair since you're footing the bill for both you and the the illegal immigrant - and their 8 brothers, 8 sisters, and 16 illigitimate children.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +518 / 6 / -2

No sh!t. Of course, I'm a lying, dishonest bigot for bringing up statistics and facts. My medical insurance is going up from $450.77 a month, to near $600, my property tax has gone up 70% since I moved here 5 years ago, and I've got a mortgage to pay, but what does that matter to Mr. Bottom line kind of guy eh? See, what he's saying is I can screw other taxpayers just like the illegals do. I see his point now. :rolleyes:

Oh, but I almost forgot, lettuce still costs 99 cents a head. Only if I ate fricken lettuce. :rolleyes:
  12. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Again, I'm not going to bother answering any of your unrelated points because we've already had the whole illegal immigration discussion. I don't even know why you started this this thread considering I was just responding to one point PatsSB42 made. Illegals don't have anything that you don't have. Fair, unfair, whatever, that's my only point.
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +518 / 6 / -2

They have the right to fukc people over, steal identities, rob people's tax dollars, and not pay their medical bills just like me, I know. OH, but wait, I'd actually go to jail for some of those things, or have my credit ruined, whereas that's not the case for illegals. :rolleyes:
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Liberals don't like the idea of a young man like you working your a$s off for all the things you have, if you are successful and have a few dollars in the bank they expect you to "help support" "Criminals" it is against the law to enter this country illegally, They Are Criminals.

I will gladly pay more money for my lettuce if it is picked by an American Citizen, company's that hire the Criminal Alien should be heavely fined and if they continue to hire the Illegal Alien they should be forced out of business.

They say they can't find Americans to do the work, Pay A Decent Wage and they will find them. Put the Illegal Alien out of work and they will "DEPORT THEMSELVES".

I supported Bush, I support The War On Terror, but when it comes to ILLEGAL ALIENS Bush is a DEMOCRAT, the Bush Administration is to blame for the Aliens freely pouring into America, the Democrats LOVE BUSH when it comes to FREE ENTRY TO CRIMINALS, have you ever heard the Pelosi Gang be Critical of Bush and the Aliens?
  15. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

They have no credit to ruin (you also have that priveledge if you decide to forgo getting credit in the future), and illegals would be arrested for anything that you or I would be arrested for, like stealing identities, provided that they're caught (just like anyone else). I know you have a problem with the bigger illegal immigration issue, but as far as the narrow point I was making, you don't have a leg to stand on to argue.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +518 / 6 / -2

HA! Comical. Yup, so you feel, which is not surprising considering how bottom line you are. You really are funny sometimes. I love hte part about how they have no credit to ruin, EXACTLY!
  17. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Right, so since they're not getting the benefits of credit, there's no way to deny them those benefits as punishment. Maybe we could whip them instead, would that make you happy? In the meantime, you're free to live like an illegal if you want. Didn't Bob Dillon once say "if you ain't got nothin, you ain't got nothin to lose."
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +518 / 6 / -2

Benefits of credit? Bank of America.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Bank of America Corp. is defending its decision to offer credit cards to people who don't have U.S. Social Security numbers, amid criticism that the program effectively endorses illegal immigration.

So these criminals can get credit without a SS number, run up a tab, not have to worry about ever paying their bills, and then the bank, should they lose money, will get increase my rates and fees to cover it. GREAT! Can I get credit and not have to use my SS #? :rolleyes:
  19. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Remember, this discussion's about whether you (a citizen) can have the same benefits as an illegal alien. If Bank of America lets illegals open accounts without SSN's, they'll let you do the same.

Besides, I thought you were mostly a libertarian? As a business, a bank should be free to offer credit to anyone they want. If they want to get screwed out of getting their money back and then have to raise rates to cover for it, that's their business. As a consumer, you can voice your frustration by going to another bank that doesn't do something so stupid.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +518 / 6 / -2

:rofl: Oh yeah, sure they would.

A business has every right to sell to whomever they want to. That is not the issue at hand. If you want to move the point to doing business, then lets also mention that illegals are CRIMINALS. :D Furthermore, what about hospitals? Hospitals charge me for whatever illegals cost them.