PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Publicity stunt takes shot at wes welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mumbles fined them for illegal dumping.

He has a young son who I assume plays some kind of youth sports. Somebody needs to find out the next time he loses a game so we can go shove it in their faces.

that would be life altering if that child is young and 50 people show up just to booo him

well whether you think it was over the line or just simple smack

i think we all agree butterfingers suck

Don't stop at just the C.E.O...here is their CFO's number. 303-790-9500, his name is Jim, also known as James. Got through to this number today, secretary put me through, he was busy and in a meeting, secretary asked me if she could take a message...well, i'll just leave it at that:D

Could this have something to do with the shellacking that NE gave Denver TWICE in the past 2 months? ..maybe this made them feel better

Saw this yesterday, what an assinine stunt...

Saw this yesterday, what an assinine stunt...

If they were trying to gain exposure, success. Never heard of them before. But if they were trying to gain business in Boston/New England ... not sure it'll work.

I wonder if this guy was one of the posters here right after the game.:D

Could this have something to do with the shellacking that NE gave Denver TWICE in the past 2 months? ..maybe this made them feel better

That's a good point. Aside from that, if I worked for Butterfingers I'd be upset over the guilt by association.

Interesting about the Nestle tweet:
-----------
@Butterfinger
Nestle Butterfinger
BTW Butterfinger had NOTHING to do w/ Boston stunt after the big game. A company bought our bars (like 7,200) & used 'em w/out our knowledge
-----------

Companies get sued for unauthorized use of a person or another company's product in advertising all the time.

It's an open and shut case and usually results in a quick settlement or guilty verdict.

Shouldn't Nestle (Butterfinger) sue pawngo.com? I would LOVE that.

Last edited:
Interesting about the Nestle tweet:
-----------
@Butterfinger
Nestle Butterfinger
BTW Butterfinger had NOTHING to do w/ Boston stunt after the big game. A company bought our bars (like 7,200) & used 'em w/out our knowledge
-----------

Companies get sued for unauthorized use of a person or another company's product in advertising all the time.

It's an open and shut case and usually results in a quick settlement or guilty verdict.

Shouldn't Nestle (Butterfinger) sue pawngo.com? I would LOVE that.

Absolutely great point! They use a trademarked name in a publicity stunt gone wrong. Nestle would be heroes to Pats fans everywhere if they pursued this and made it stick.

Absolutely great point! They use a trademarked name in a publicity stunt gone wrong. Nestle would be heroes to Pats fans everywhere if they pursued this and made it stick.

Honestly, if I were the good lawyers at Nestle, I'd be pretty pissed about all this.

Notice how the tweeting Nestle exec highlighted twice that it was unauthorized and that they used the product without their permission.

Last edited:

Weak and far from sincere. My response:

Is your "apology" aimed at recouping business lost because of your moronic stunt? It comes off quite weak, Todd. Put your money where your mouth is and then we might consider it legitimately sincere. You might start out with a $25k contribution to the Patriots charitable foundation followed by a full-page apology in the Boston Globe to Wes Welker, the Patriots, and their fans. THEN we will consider your "apology" as legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes