PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Publicity stunt takes shot at wes welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never eat another butterfinger

Disgusting and ignorant by whoever set that publicity stunt up. And of course it got them what they wanted. God, this world sucks sometimes.

People looked geeked over a flipping butterfinger. One guy was ziplockin them away for the apocolypse. This was uber creative?

The C.E.O.'s cell phone number is on the internet...saw this on barstool, got the number and left that deuche a piece of my mind.

The C.E.O.'s cell phone number is on the internet...saw this on barstool, got the number and left that deuche a piece of my mind.

Was it the 7777 one? It seems that they've recently edited their Contact Us page to take out his number:rolleyes:

seems like one of those things you only get mad at if you're on the wrong end of

I wish I was in Boston today, I would have went over there and gave them a piece of my mind. It might also include butterfingers being flung at certain sign holders... ******* disgusting. I'm embarassed that Bostonians actually took the candy. **** that. iiiiiii

Welker Dis by Pawngo

Here is the company which dumped butterfingers in a classless move. This is their blog.Ofcourse they have a twitter and facebook account

Classless move

Pawnder

Re: Welker Dis by Pawngo

I really do feel for Wes. I wish he had been able to pull it in, he'd be a hero, not a scapegoat.

Butterfingers are seriously gross. No wonder they have to give them away.

Re: Welker Dis by Pawngo

Weller is still a hero in my book.

somebody should dump 900 lbs of bonk breakers on that same spot next week.

I'd do it but I'm in chicago.

via twitter

@Butterfinger
Nestle Butterfinger
BTW Butterfinger had NOTHING to do w/ Boston stunt after the big game. A company bought our bars (like 7,200) & used 'em w/out our knowledge

seems like one of those things you only get mad at if you're on the wrong end of

How do you figure that? I can't think of anybody that has done something like this before, and if there has been a case I'm guessing they quickly backpedaled and apologized. There's never been a similar situation like this to compare it to.

Did anybody pull something like this when Peyton threw the pick 6 against the Saints? No. Can you imagine what the public reaction would have been? They would have been skewered, and rightfully so.

But since it's the Patriots, all rules of decency and public decorum that apply to everyone else are irrelevant; it's a completely hypocritical double standard. Even other 'hated' teams like the Lakers, Yankees or Red Sox have never had something like this. Heck, even a pariah like Mike Tyson never had to put up with something like this after a loss.

The biggest issue is that Pandora's Box has been opened. Going forward someone else will try to one-up these jerks with a bigger publicity stunt after the NBA Finals, the World Series, the next Super Bowl, etc.

Is that something that we as sports fans, and we as a society really want to see happen? Fans and the media are constantly talking about the effect player's off the field actions, especially to kids that look up to them. What does this action tell them - especially when they see other adults laughing and considering it to be not only acceptable, but great.

Sorry, but this stunt is completely wrong on multiple levels. For the public outside of New England to act like it is okay simply because they don't like the Patriots is short-sighted, and sends a horribly misguided message to both the nation's youth as well as to those who may in the future be seeking free publicity for their company.

Last edited:
He has a young son who I assume plays some kind of youth sports. Somebody needs to find out the next time he loses a game so we can go shove it in their faces.

And I'll just make this public knowledge.
CEO Todd Hills: (720) 320-7777

Last edited:
He has a young son who I assume plays some kind of youth sports. Somebody needs to find out the next time he loses a game so we can go shove it in their faces.

And I'll just make this public knowledge.
CEO Todd Hills: (720) 320-7777

Also:

Phone: 1 (866) 499-2363
Email: [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back