PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Public intoxication in Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.
And others have the right not to be annoyed and go about their daily lives not having to avoid situations such as you describe.

Yeah, exactly. This doesn't mean you can't drink on gameday. And what does opps mean anyway.

I have a feeling they're going after the obvious drunks.....anyway I hope they don't go after people that just have a buzz or try and make examples of them. The stadium would be less than half full for crying out loud.

Last edited:
I have a feeling they're going after the obvious drunks.....anyway I hope they don't go after people that just have a buzz or try and make examples of them. The stadium would be less than half full for crying out loud.

I'm sure they won't. I think this is just a mechanism to say, you want to get so wrecked a cop has to deal with you? Then give us a couple hundred bucks for the privilege. Sounds about right to me.

I'm all for having a few beers and enjoying the game. I'm also all for keeping the 0.25+ BAC crowd out. There's a big difference between having a nice "buzz" and watching the game, and being sloppy drunk in the stands. The later tends to take away from other fans enjoyment.

Pretty soon you won't be able to smoke in public.....opps
Pretty soon you won't be able to drink in public.....opps
Pretty soon you won't be able to talk in public or even make eye contact
Pretty soon you won't be able to use the restroom in a public place
Pretty soon you won't be able to wear the clothes you want to wear in public
Pretty soon this won't be America.......

Everything we stand for and die for is almost gone, FREEDOM! THE CHOICE TO CHOOSE is going away, if you want a "Leave it to Beaver life" where everyone is happy and there are no drugs or booze and no one has problems you need to wake the fack up! Its never going to happen....its a lie!

You can't control everything, and you should not want to either....It seems like there is a portion of people that vote that just don't get it....you have the right to choose why would you take that right away from someone else???

So little Sue or little Johnny see a drunk??? What the worst that can happen??? They hear a swear word?? They see an idiot??? They say I never want to be like that guy??? lol you keep protecting you children and they will never grow up......

Its like watching your own brother/sister cut there throat and not being able to save them, when is enough a enough? When no one drinks or smokes or swears? When we all live by the same rules and religion? When is enough, enough? When we don't get the right of choice? but we have others tell us how to live,eat and sleep?

I have the right to smoke and I have the right to drink and I have the right to swear and you have the right to leave if you don't like it........ I know there are some idiots that drink that should be fined and given a ticket but that's only in some cases, I won't generalize and say that everyone that drinks should be fined cause they don't act like you want them too.

EDIT: BTW this law(ticket) won't help anyone but your local government cause most people that drink alot in public have a drinking problem and they will be back next week doing the same thing...I have an idea instead up fineng them try helping them.....

It has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with the fiscal crisis the town is facing. They're just looking to make a buck any way they can- just like many other towns or cities facing budget problems these days.

And others have the right not to be annoyed and go about their daily lives not having to avoid situations such as you describe.

Here is Carlin to settle the debate.

Personally, when it comes to rights, I think one of two things is true. I think either we have unlimited rights, or we have no rights at all. Personally I lean towards unlimited rights, I feel for instance I have the right to do anything I please, BUT! If I do something you don’t like I think you have the right to kill me. So where are you gonna find a fairer ******* deal than that? So the next time some ******* says to you “I have the right to my opinion.” You say, “oh yeah? Well I have the right to my opinion and my opinion is you have no right to your opinion!” then shoot the **** and walk away…

They could already take you into custody for being sloppy drunk before, now there's an added fee (face it, it costs money to book you, clean up your puke, etc). My only complaint is that they say they will release and not charge anyone who blows under a 0.05 once they get to the station, but someone could blow 0.05-0.079999 and still be legal to drive, so why would they keep them?

Damn right, Ilikehappyppl, and I also should be able to walk around naked, poop where I want, and scream in anyone's face. If they don't like it, they can leave. Anything less will make us Nazi Germany.

I don't think they're going to make 60,000 people take a breathalyzer test. Unless you're causing a public nuisance you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Is Gillette Staduim & the parking lot that you pay to park at public property? In simple terms, the money for tickets & parking goes to the Krafts, not the town, correct?

What exactly is the criteria to get the LEO's attention? A stumble? Slurred speach? A beer in each hand? :confused:

What if you refuse a breathalizer? automatic $200 fine?

Seems to me that the NEP and the related income to the community supplement the law enforcement budget.

I would think that if this was a problem, Gillette security would be beefed up and told to enforce this more.

I think if you wipe away the "feel good" part of reducing "drunkeness", it's all about $$ for the town.

There is no right not to be annoyed.

Pretty soon you won't be able to smoke in public.....opps
Pretty soon you won't be able to drink in public.....opps
Pretty soon you won't be able to talk in public or even make eye contact
Pretty soon you won't be able to use the restroom in a public place
Pretty soon you won't be able to wear the clothes you want to wear in public
Pretty soon this won't be America.......

Everything we stand for and die for is almost gone, FREEDOM! THE CHOICE TO CHOOSE is going away, if you want a "Leave it to Beaver life" where everyone is happy and there are no drugs or booze and no one has problems you need to wake the fack up! Its never going to happen....its a lie!

You can't control everything, and you should not want to either....It seems like there is a portion of people that vote that just don't get it....you have the right to choose why would you take that right away from someone else???

So little Sue or little Johnny see a drunk??? What the worst that can happen??? They hear a swear word?? They see an idiot??? They say I never want to be like that guy??? lol you keep protecting you children and they will never grow up......

Its like watching your own brother/sister cut there throat and not being able to save them, when is enough a enough? When no one drinks or smokes or swears? When we all live by the same rules and religion? When is enough, enough? When we don't get the right of choice? but we have others tell us how to live,eat and sleep?

I have the right to smoke and I have the right to drink and I have the right to swear and you have the right to leave if you don't like it........ I know there are some idiots that drink that should be fined and given a ticket but that's only in some cases, I won't generalize and say that everyone that drinks should be fined cause they don't act like you want them too.

EDIT: BTW this law(ticket) won't help anyone but your local government cause most people that drink alot in public have a drinking problem and they will be back next week doing the same thing...I have an idea instead up fineng them try helping them.....

You had better look out, you live in Moonbat Central. Here in Moonbat Centarl, even the thought of having fun has been made illegal, or at least dirty. Didn't you know that it matters more that Mrs Moonbat is happy than it does that you are happy?

There's no right to be drunk in public, either. We've been putting village drunks in the stocks for centuries. I'd like to see the policy clarified as to what constitutes public drunkenness, but I've definitely seen people who reach the point of being so drunk that they're a danger to others. Frankly, I don't care if they're a danger to themselves, that's their problem, but no one has a right to endanger anyone else.

Do you like your pink pats hat?

Rightttt... because there is an obvious coloration between wagon hopping and getting wasted at a football game. Gotcha. :rolleyes:

I'd bet my house that i've been following this team since before you were ****ting in your under-roos.

There's no right to be drunk in public, either. We've been putting village drunks in the stocks for centuries. I'd like to see the policy clarified as to what constitutes public drunkenness, but I've definitely seen people who reach the point of being so drunk that they're a danger to others. Frankly, I don't care if they're a danger to themselves, that's their problem, but no one has a right to endanger anyone else.

This guy gets it.

But I would add that if the above mentioned slob impedes on my game day experience in any way, shape, or form, I will enjoy pointing and laughing as the po-po hauls their fat arss off to the clink for the night.

Getting a nice buzz going is one thing (which i dont think they are going to press), but drinking to the point of stumbling in and around the Stadium like a pan-handling bum is another. If I want to spend my afternoon sitting next to people like this, I dont have to pay $200 for the privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes