Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pubbies Mull Abdication as Proxy for Their Treason

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jul 16, 2011.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 7 / -7

The non-treasonous right has come up with a compromise on debt: They abdicate their responsibility for the purse-strings, because Grover Norquist won't let them compromise, and they all signed pledges or something.

Shades of the half-governor of Alaska: I'm so pure I quit.

The treasonous right, meanwhile, is signing other pledges stating a heartfelt conviction that if you just don't pay your bills nothing bad will happen.

Seems like there's disarray on the right.

Three things can happen: they can fu(k the U.S. and global economy, or they can compromise, or they can abdicate.

The responsible ones have narrowed it down to compromise or abdicate, which of course means abdicate.

The idiots are all about the treason.

Seems like delivering on their rhetoric (surprise surprise) is not on the menu. Turns out that 60% of 1/3 of government isn't enough to make all the rules, their most heartfelt bumperstickers notwithstanding.

Not exactly a winning streak this week for the GOP.

:)

PFnV

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +423 / 12 / -26

Fox News repectfully disagrees...

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +416 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

The latest Gallup polls show that both republican and democratic VOTERS prefer fixing the debt problem more with spending cuts than tax revenues.

But they both prefer a balanced approach. It would nice our reps actually listened to their bosses for once, huh?

On Deficit, Americans Prefer Spending Cuts; Open to Tax Hikes

On Deficit, Americans Prefer Spending Cuts; Open to Tax Hikes

Attached Files:

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +607 / 7 / -7

So you've established that:

- The Republican position -- "Only with spending cuts" -- is a tiny minority.

- The President's position -- "Mostly with spending cuts" -- is a larger number.

- that most people fall somewhere in the spectrum currently being discussed ("Only or mostly with spending cuts.")

Then there a very sizeable number of people, who say "Equally with spending cuts/tax increases," or "Mostly/only tax increases," who are out in the cold.

Coda: Wonder what those poll numbers become if you say "tax increases on the wealthy" rather than "tax increases"?

PFnV

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +571 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

32. Do you think any agreement to raise the national debt ceiling should include only spending cuts or should it also include an increase in taxes for the wealthy and corporations?

----------- ----------- ------- Tot Rep Dem Ind

Only spend cuts ------------- 25% 48% 7% 26%
    Taxes: wlthy/corps ------------ 67 43 -- 87 -- 66

National (US) Poll * July 14, 2011 * President Is Best Of The Worst - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,140 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Considering 5% - 10% pay most of the taxes what would you expect any poll to say?

7. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +185 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

So we are dumbing down "treason" now to be defined as not agreeing with Obama and the far left Dems.

Now I have to mow my lawn and follow in my carbon footprint.

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -2

No ****. Not only is it treasonous to disagree with the experienceless chosen one, but it makes you a racist to.

9. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +185 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

they would be hero's if they came out with statements that scared sick old people like Reid and Obama.

10. Triple-T

Triple-T Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That taxpayer pledge is sub-moronic, but I don't think it's treasonous. You could, theoretically, balance the budget by spending cuts only, but we might have to get rid of our entire military. However, our marginal tax rates have historically been much higher and the country actually was doing just fine. To say that taxes should now never go up again, at all, ever, in any way, basically stops the ability to adjust taxes ever, in any way, because someone could argue that one individuals taxes went up and that's a violation of the pledge. It's just stupid theatrics.

If the american populace had the brains to elect decent politicians, we could fix the mess easily, but it's so much more fun to elect bumper stickers.

11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,140 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

PF is a government shill ... he has to post that crap or he goes in the clink. :p

12. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +274 / 3 / -3

"treason" was dumbed down, as you say, years ago, when criticism of the President during a time of war was labeled treason by many pubbies

13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

If Obama had actually proposed spending cuts you might have a point but of course......

you don't have a point because Obozo has proposed nothing other than taxes now and unspecified cur after he leaves office.

He could agree to the Ryan budget and problem solved.

Or he could use the ~200B/ months the treasury takes in pay SS, Medicare, Interest on the debt and fund the military. But his union kool aid drinkers don't approve so his posturing continues.

There was an election in 2010, voters rejected his crazy failed spending and a new congress was elected to cut spending which Obozo can't being himself to do.

See the Tea Party don't love gov, Obozo and his sycophants do. Service the debt, pay the entitlements and military, shut the rest down until Obazo wants to compromise.

14. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +185 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't know who called people traitors being critical of the president during time of war. I'd like to see quotes. They are idiots if they did. Some implied that it was not patriotic and they were wrong too.

Actually I don't care what Republicans say. I hold no loyalty to their party, never attended a party function and have not donated to any party. I'm a center right person and tend to vote for more Rep because the Dem's are usually way out left.

Treason is a word that really means something. Example: Jane Fonda and others going to N. Vietnam and sitting on anti aircraft guns pretending to shoot American planes down. You can be anti war and protest without being a traitor unless, you go and actually take the enemies side during hostilities.

So lets not dumb down the word "treason" in this debate.

15. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +274 / 3 / -3

Fair enough, we're in agreement (though I don't know much about what really happened w/Fonda... and don't much care).

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +416 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

Today, anyone who remains steadfast loyal to any party is in all likehood sticking to their old school guns. There isn't a single logical reason to be loyal to either party, unless you don't want to do any thinking of your own and hit the poll booth to punch our your chosen "R" or "D" chad.

Let us all pray fewer and fewer Americans believe party loyalty is valuable, because it isn't.

I love when I see cars with bumper sticker for candidates from both parties.

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +416 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

Fonda was definately a traitor to our nation. No one can sit and mingle "warm & fuzzy" with people who are shooting at (and killing) our soldiers and not be a traitor.

We probably shouldn't have let her back in the country. But fortunately her career went no where once she returned...if she was black-listed, she deserved it.