PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PTI - Brady vs. Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphys95

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Not so enlightening "debate" on PTI. Which quarterback will win more Super Bowls by the end of his career?

Kornheiser picks Brady (without much enthusiasm)
Wilbon picks Manning

More than anything, the fact that this is a topic shows where the media's mindset is, and will be.

I wonder who lost the coin flip to see which host gets to pick which player. These types of shows are so scripted.

Not so enlightening "debate" on PTI. Which quarterback will win more Super Bowls by the end of his career?

Wilbon picks Manning

More than anything, the fact that this is a topic shows where the media's mindset is, and will be.

Tom Brady is a championship quarterback.

Peyton Manning is a quarterback who happens to have a championship.

Now let's see how Potato Head does with the bullseye on his back.

Tom Brady is a championship quarterback.

Peyton Manning is a quarterback who happens to have a championship.

Now let's see how Potato Head does with the bullseye on his back.

"Now honey, I'm backing you some extra bus tires and monkey food."
"Monkey food?"
"For the monkey of course, silly."

Wilbon picks Manning

Given that there's at least a 50-50 chance (probably way more than 50-50) that Brady would win that even if he retired tomorrow, that's a really silly argument.

Given that there's at least a 50-50 chance (probably way more than 50-50) that Brady would win that even if he retired tomorrow, that's a really silly argument.

To be fair, the exact argument was "who will win more Super Bowls from now on?", like it disregarded the past.

And I enjoyed how Wilbon is in love with citing the fact that most of the team has left from the SB winning years so clearly we have no chance at further success. He talks like we didn't get to the AFC championship this year.

And I enjoyed how Wilbon is in love with citing the fact that most of the team has left from the SB winning years so clearly we have no chance at further success. He talks like we didn't get to the AFC championship this year.

Funny how an organization can only win championships with particular players that were on past championship teams. By that logic the Colts should have never won b/c for 4 straight years they had players that lost in the playoffs.

To be fair, the exact argument was "who will win more Super Bowls from now on?", like it disregarded the past.
I would hope so, otherwise it's ridiculous.

Wilbon picks Manning

i dunno, down two, i sure as hell wouldnt bet on manning

same as the mcdaniels haters... if our defense plays, ummm, less than ****ty in the second half, we win... and we probably win the SB... if we win the SB, JM is one of the hottest HC candidates in the league (hello, al davis)... so, our defense actually cost JM a head coaching job (if not the job, certainly a LOT of love for one)

The winner of Brady vs. Manning is now, clearly, Manning.

Or did ye not watch the last 34 minutes of the AFCC?

The Colts are 3-0 vs. patsies the last 3 meetings.

As PI Ford Fairlane would say: case ca-losed.

And 3-6 all time. Case ca-losed.

Why don't we actually look at overall statistics first before we decide Manning is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Head to Head match-ups: I'm not sure but I'd say around 9-3(Pats) Edge: Brady

Working with what they have: Manning has Harrison, Wayne and Clark is not bad. The best reciver Brady had this year was probably Troy Brown. Edge: Brady

Super Bowls: Brady 3, Manning 1 Edge: Brady

Super Bowl MVPs: Brady 2, Manning 1 Edge: Brady

Regular season statistics: I don't no for sure but I think we all know Manning's are better. Edge: Manning

Just a few things off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Manning has now lost an advantage he had over Brady for the last few years - playing without the reputation or burden of being a 'champion'. Manning has tanked in the playoffs for years and it was just "Manning being Manning". Now he'll be expected to come through in the playoffs EVERY TIME (like Brady) and there will be times he won't deliver (like Brady) and his 'greatest ever' reputation will take a hit.

What's hillarious with Wilbon's argument was that he said teams win in bunches and that's usually it for their career as the team is split up. the problem is that the dolts have been "good" for a few years not, but not been able to win it all until this year. After this year a lot of their team is going out the door...so i guess you could say his argument holds true, except that indy is at the tail end of their run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back