PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Providence Bruins

MKats31

On the Roster
Reaction score
Any Providence Bruins fans out there????

I attend these games on a regular basis

I've never seen Rask in person. What do you think of him so far?

Always like to see some of the future B's, however I have never gone to a game. Really wanted to go to one of their playoff games this past year but was pretty busy with classes at the time.

I think "The Dunk" is one of the best places to watch a hockey game. Close to the action and great sight lines no matter where you sit. Very reasonable prices and great family and party packages. So to answer your question yes I am a huge PB fan and go to as many games as I can fit in.

For what it's worth, Hockey'sfuture.com has Rask ranked as the #14 overall prospect in hockey. Their listings include younger players who are currently getting their shot in the NHL, like Carey Price with Montreal, who they list at #2 overall, and Steve Stamkos who they rank #1, was the #1 selection this year, and is currently playing for the TB Lightning.

I've read some comments from different writers that say he's the real deal, and others that say he might be a tad overrated. Only time will tell. The most important thing to remember, is that we gave up Raycroft to get him. So even if he's the next coming of Norm Foster, he didn't cost much.

BTW, Raycroft has stopped a whopping 84% of the shots he's faced, while giving up 3.5 goals a game, as a back up for the Avalance. :eek:

14 Tuukka Rask - G - Boston Bruins
Height: 6-3, Weight: 181

As a rookie playing in North America for the first time, Rask spent the majority of the 2007-08 season with the Providence Bruins in the AHL. He played behind a team where he was not relied upon heavily and outshot its opponents the majority of the time, so he did not need to show how good he is. Rask is quick and so precise in his movement that he makes getting into the right position look easy. Additionally, he has good hockey sense and the work ethic necessary to push himself to the next level. Rask will play in the NHL, but when he lands a full-time job is the question. He is expected to play another season in the AHL — if he impresses, Boston may be calling soon.

Hockey's Future - #1 NHL Draft & Hockey Prospect Magazine

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back