PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Proud of our guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
We scored enough points to win, NEM. Our defense just got steamrolled. McDaniels was not the reason we lost, we had TWO separate leads in the fourth quarter.

Tune - Why was the defense getting steam-rolled? Because they were tired from being on the field for almost 11 minutes of the 3rd quarter. Why was that? Because the offense failed to execute. Some of the reason they failed to execute was the play calling was bad. Another part of the reason they failed to execute was the players themselves. And a last bit was the refs BS call on Hobbs.

Tune - Why was the defense getting steam-rolled? Because they were tired from being on the field for almost 11 minutes of the 3rd quarter. Why was that? Because the offense failed to execute. Some of the reason they failed to execute was the play calling was bad. Another part of the reason they failed to execute was the players themselves. And a last bit was the refs BS call on Hobbs.

Talk about revisionist history. Yes it was the D's fault. Bring up the 3rd quater WHEN THE COLTS GOT BACK INTO IT...what happened. The colts STEAMROLLED the Pats D for 21 POINTS! and had drives of...6:47 to START the 3rd quater (OK how is the almost 7 MINUTE drive the O's fault or Mcdaniels???? ) Please to have ANY credibility please answer HOW in Gods name is that drive Mcdaniels fault???????

The Pats O did turn in a 8 yard 3 and out of which they had a 3rd and 2 and the colts D made a heads up play on a screen to hold Evans for no gain.

Then the Colts go on a pair of 3 MINUTE TOUCHDOWN drives sandwiched around a Patriots TOUCHDOWN drive.

SO I ask for those living in the fantasy world that our O and O coach blew the game after our team put up 34 points....how is it the O's fault for the D being gassed in the 3rd quarter when they only had the ball twice and once they scored a touchdown!? The reason the D was gassed? Because THEY DIDN'T STOP THE COLTS!!!! They allowed 3 successive touchdown drives on consecutive possessions. (of 76,76 and 67 yards I might add) The First possession was after the second half kickoff and was a almost 7 minute drive and there is NO WAY you can blame it on the O. The D gave up 38 POINTS People need to get a reality check. The team put up 34 points and we had the 2nd best D in the NFL There is NO WAY this team should lose if our team puts 34 on the score board.

The real culprit is the D. I will give them a pass too since to me it was apparant that we had many players that simply were not in game shape due to the flu. I think they played thier hearts out but simply because of the flu we had "weak" players that simply physically couldn't hold up all game because of being dehydrated and such.

People need to get a grip...one poster said Josh needs to be "cut down"...WTF? The Pats usually outphysical teams at the end of games and I don't think with the flu they had the Pats could have done it. If they didn't have the Flu in the locker room the Pats win this running away, but they did and they lost, bad timing. Great effort by the TEAM.

Last edited:
Im very proud of this team,but I live and die with this team and it hurts... right now it hurts...

Talk about revisionist history. Yes it was the D's fault. Bring up the 3rd quater WHEN THE COLTS GOT BACK INTO IT...what happened. The colts STEAMROLLED the Pats D for 21 POINTS! and had drives of...6:47 to START the 3rd quater (OK how is the almost 7 MINUTE drive the O's fault or Mcdaniels???? ) Please to have ANY credibility please answer HOW in Gods name is that drive Mcdaniels fault???????

The Pats O did turn in a 8 yard 3 and out of which they had a 3rd and 2 and the colts D made a heads up play on a screen to hold Evans for no gain.

Then the Colts go on a pair of 3 MINUTE TOUCHDOWN drives sandwiched around a Patriots TOUCHDOWN drive.

SO I ask for those living in the fantasy world that our O and O coach blew the game after our team put up 34 points....how is it the O's fault for the D being gassed in the 3rd quarter when they only had the ball twice and once they scored a touchdown!? The reason the D was gassed? Because THEY DIDN'T STOP THE COLTS!!!! They allowed 3 successive touchdown drives on consecutive possessions. (of 76,76 and 67 yards I might add) The First possession was after the second half kickoff and was a almost 7 minute drive and there is NO WAY you can blame it on the O. The D gave up 38 POINTS People need to get a reality check. The team put up 34 points and we had the 2nd best D in the NFL There is NO WAY this team should lose if our team puts 34 on the score board.

The real culprit is the D. I will give them a pass too since to me it was apparant that we had many players that simply were not in game shape due to the flu. I think they played thier hearts out but simply because of the flu we had "weak" players that simply physically couldn't hold up all game because of being dehydrated and such.

People need to get a grip...one poster said Josh needs to be "cut down"...WTF? The Pats usually outphysical teams at the end of games and I don't think with the flu they had the Pats could have done it. If they didn't have the Flu in the locker room the Pats win this running away, but they did and they lost, bad timing. Great effort by the TEAM.

There is almost nothing to be gained by trying to reason with some of them when they are in denial mode and looking for a non player scapegoat. We had some execution issues on offense. And yet if not for Reche's snafu's we would have won by 3-6 even in the midst of a defensive meltdown. But then again we had lucked out big time on Maroney's fumble. I'd been holding my breath watching him muff balls like a turnover waiting to happen for the last few weeks, not to mention his auditioning for dancing with the stars. Rookie wall I hope.

What this team has long done on D with more scheme than overwhelming talent is amazing. It's also gueling work at these levels, which is why they have had melt downs of sorts in each of our SB games. This time though instead of the 4th quarter it began to unravel late in the second quarter. After last week's effort and the cross country travel, the flu was likely the straw that overwhelmed their capacity to bend but don't break. Just couldn't make a stop in the second half, and their defense has a tendancy to play tentitive early only to come on in the second half coinciding with Manning and Co. pulling their heads out of their asses in rhythm.

All in all made for a bad matchup. But some here can never admit that it wasn't a given we would win.

I'm very proud of them as well.

It was pretty obvious the D was exhausted for whatever reasons, and they just couldn't get it done.

But that's for another thread.

I too am very proud.
I hold my head high today as a Pats fan. But, then, I always do :)
The downside is seven months until training camp:(

The worst day of the year for me is the last Pats game, Super bowl or not.

When I was a kid I would actually cry when the last game was played.

As far as McDaniels goes, I agree (although not as mean as NEM) that he did a very poor job, go back to the regular season against Indy, we only ran the ball a handful of times against a D at the time that was completely inept at stopping the run. He's a candidate for the Raiders HC job so maybe he will move on and we'll get another Weis type OC :)

This game hurt, at 21-3 you could see Peyton getting that frustrated stressed out look on the sideline and we should have gone for the kill. The one thing Ive always said about the Patriots is they seem to lack that killer instinct, they always play down to their opponent and let the game stay close.

I dont think I saw a single play where we tried airing it out, it was all short plays all game.

I'll be counting down the days to training camp. They better resign Asante.

I am as well...considering all of what the Naysayers have been pushing for months..they did more than many thought they could...Hats off to them!!!!

Last edited:
I too would like to thank the Patriots coaches and players for an incredibly gritty season, pushing all the way through to the conference championship in a "rebuilding" year. Thanks, guys!

This team overachieved. They gave us an exciting season. At the beginning of the season who thought we would be in the Championship Game.

couldnt cal shi!t correctly, so the Colts came back in the end of the q1uarter, moved the ball and made it 21-6.McDaniels couldnt do crap ...he couldnt figure out what the hell to do .....

He just played the same old crap that wasnt working for the entire 2nd half.

There is no friggin way that ...

If that little piece of crud, ...totally out of his friggin league,

You make some good points, NEM, but the way you say it is pretty crude.

From where I was sitting they tried to counter a hyper-pursuing Colts D, and I think they did a pretty good job of it. There were crucial drops (two by Reche), and Brady misfired on several more. Those five of so key plays made, NO resorting to the dumb "prevent" D, and the Pats are winners.

Too many of the guys were too weak to go 15 rounds. They were physically weak, they did that awful "prevent" defense -- which totally eats donkey poop when used against a desperate and talented team, as the Colts are, and they simply did not execute when they had to. And then there is the bad "lights out" karma.

Beating up on McDaniels is just scape-goating. Bad form, NEM.

//

i'm proud too - we arrived very very near to play another Super Bowl

this team gave the 100% they had

still, today is a sad day for us - this loss hurts a lot, we were so near...

Hold your heads high Pats, you played and fought to the end.

We are proud of you and still stand with you.

After the Miami loss, the Pats won five straight against quality opponents. The Pats practically ended the seasons of good teams like the Jags, Titans, Jets, and the heavily favored Chargers in 4 straight weeks. While I have to admit the the Colts deserve to win, the fatigue factor affected the Pats against them. Go Pats:rocker:

There is almost nothing to be gained by trying to reason with some of them when they are in denial mode and looking for a non player scapegoat. We had some execution issues on offense. And yet if not for Reche's snafu's we would have won by 3-6 even in the midst of a defensive meltdown. But then again we had lucked out big time on Maroney's fumble. I'd been holding my breath watching him muff balls like a turnover waiting to happen for the last few weeks, not to mention his auditioning for dancing with the stars. Rookie wall I hope.

What this team has long done on D with more scheme than overwhelming talent is amazing. It's also gueling work at these levels, which is why they have had melt downs of sorts in each of our SB games. This time though instead of the 4th quarter it began to unravel late in the second quarter. After last week's effort and the cross country travel, the flu was likely the straw that overwhelmed their capacity to bend but don't break. Just couldn't make a stop in the second half, and their defense has a tendancy to play tentitive early only to come on in the second half coinciding with Manning and Co. pulling their heads out of their asses in rhythm.

All in all made for a bad matchup. But some here can never admit that it wasn't a given we would win.

Good observations Mo. Playoff football is a different animal altogether with different physical demands. Our guys just didn't have enough left in the tank.

We clearly overachieved this season. I'm proud of our Patriots, and look foward to another good run next year after some obvious holes are plugged. We have the classiest team and best coach in the NFL and a great draft to look forward to. This run is NOT over. GO PATRIOTS!
the run isnt over till bb pioli and brady are gone .im damn proud of this patriots team.they left it all out on the field .they have been in the playoffs every year but one since 01 unbelievable .

I loved this season, every minute of it.

Who thought from the ragged beginnings of the season, the Patriots would go this deep in the playoffs and come within 4 points of the superbowl?

Who thought that Brady would command not one, but two no-huddle touchdown drives against the Chargers, each with seconds to spare ?

Who thought that Belichick would first be defeated and then defeat Mangini in two terrific coaching matchups?

Who thought that Minnesota and Cincinnati would be outgunned by a passing offense staffed with no-name receivers?

Who thought those same no-name receivers would be the two leading receivers in the playoffs?

Who thought this defense would vy for the best all-time Patriots defense in points allowed?

Okay, they didn't go to the superbowl. They fell to the Colts after too many road games, too many injuries and an unfortunate bout of sickness.

But the this year's Patriots were a great and courageous team, they treated us to a memorable schedule, and they have me looking forward to next year.

I never expected to get out of San Diego with a win so getting this far was icing on the cake. Yeah, the loss hurts like hell anyway.

Pats just made a few to many mistakes. The one that hurt the most to me was the 12 man on the field penalty. They made 12 yards on the 3 next plays but had to go 15. If they make that 1st down you force Indy at least to use final 2 timeouts and the 2 minute warning would have been used. 1 more first down after that and it would have been over.

Woke up on Monday at 10:19am and went straight to ESPN.com for update. Realized that Pats were up by seven and thought to myself, holy JESUS we can do this. But then again it’s exceptional watching couple of red and blue lines on a computer than on TV. I’m proud of this team and exceptionally proud of our fans. If we were to win this game I can just see the Dolt fans turning into Bolt fans. At least we showed some class. And I think one of the greatest coaches of football said it the best…

"Winners never quit and quitters never win." - Vince Lombardi

and that’s exactly what the world wide Pats Nation is. We have been through the bad, the ugly and the magnificent and believe me folks we aren’t through the magnificent yet.

As for the Dolt fans, you better pray that you win this game, because if don’t, it’s going to hurt hell of a lot more than it did when you lost the two previous playoff games against the Mighty Pats, I can guarantee you that, we have been through it. What I’ve realized tonight is that us Pats Fans are the best fans in all of the sports in the world, period. I’m going to enjoy the Aug. 7th game in Beijing against the Seahawks and can’t wait for another exciting football next year. It’s been a pleasure gentleman.

"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward." - Thomas Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes